Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It better not be! That's the worst ever announcement for the festival.

You are right as only two good artists on the line up prediction. Them being catfish and the bottlemen and the pixies

Edited by benus80

27 minutes ago, radioheader said:

Tomorrow's announcement:

Kanye West
Pixies
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Mac Demarco
Two Door Cinema Club
Major Lazer
M83

That would be fucking terrible..

On the other hand, have pixies sub RHCP, let the other headliner be foals and it'll mean I'll only need to bother going for one day this year.

Edited by 6daviesdr

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That announcement would be awesome! Kanye, Pixies and Major Lazer would be must see.

You must be easy please apart from pixies it is the same old acts how did the festival rounds and I think are pretty ordinary ones. There is no one who is a bit different plus yes kayne west has an amazing back catalogue of hits but he was shit at Glastonbury I do not understand people thought he was good. sorry but Rant over now  

Edited by benus80

20 minutes ago, benus80 said:

You are right as only two good artists on the line up prediction. Them being catfish and the bottlemen and the pixies

Ah Pixies don't interest me much now tbh and the thing is, why would R&L book them? They would get a nothing crowd whether subbing or heading NME, MSP had wider appeal when they did it and it wasn't exactly packed out. Agreed with Catfish. 

Yellow does the agreeing with the dickhead announcementa for the reactions haha. You don't take notice when someone calls Kanye relevant and interesting and GNR rubbish lol.

14 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Is Mac DeMarco actually a possibility? Would love to see him

That's what makes me question it, not a Reading type act at all.

29 minutes ago, radioheader said:

Tomorrow's announcement:

Kanye West
Pixies
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Mac Demarco
Two Door Cinema Club
Major Lazer
M83

Yes please. Not massive on Kanye, but willing to be won over. Big fan of Pixies, Two Door, Major Lazer (who were fantastic at Ally Pally) and M83. Haven't heard Mac Demarco. I like Catfish but they were rubbish last year. They'll probably get a mainstage slot this year which will probably be even worse.

4 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

That would be fucking terrible..

On the other hand, have pixies sub RHCP, let the other headliner be foals and it'll mean I'll only need to bother going for one day this year.

If true, how and why did this festival get so bad?, for the money you pay it's a farcry from the 2000s and early 2010s.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

If true, how and why did this festival get so bad?, for the money you pay it's a farcry from the 2000s and early 2010s.

Ah yes... truly the glory days of Reading and Leeds festival. I really miss the days of Razorlight and Franz Ferdinand headlining, 50 Cent and Kaiser Chiefs subbing. 

13 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yes please. Not massive on Kanye, but willing to be won over. Big fan of Pixies, Two Door, Major Lazer (who were fantastic at Ally Pally) and M83. Haven't heard Mac Demarco. I like Catfish but they were rubbish last year. They'll probably get a mainstage slot this year which will probably be even worse.

Catfish were fantastic at Leeds

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Bit harsh, lumping Franz in with those lot.

Don't get me wrong, I like em. To be honest I don't dislike any of them (other than 50 Cent), all I'm saying is that painting prior Reading Festivals as some haven of outstanding bookings is a bit silly. Give it 10 years and people may look back at the past couple of years and long for a time in which the likes of Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, System of a Down played the festival.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Don't get me wrong, I like em. To be honest I don't dislike any of them (other than 50 Cent), all I'm saying is that painting prior Reading Festivals as some haven of outstanding bookings is a bit silly. Give it 10 years and people may look back at the past couple of years and long for a time in which the likes of Queens of the Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Royal Blood, System of a Down played the festival.

It's been 3 years since SOAD last played, but I already long for the year they return.