Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers / Guns N' Roses / Foals & Disclosure would be a real strong set of headliners. 

Two Door Cinema Club, Bloc Party and somebody else will be a decent set of NME headliners too. Hope it doesn't make for a weakened under card.

12 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Or you could just, you know, not see them. There are other stages. I like GnR, but they're something of a guilty pleasure. I totally get why people hate them.

Headliners are a massive part of Reading for me, I've only ever missed one (Metallica last year) so to have 2 that I'm not that fussed about, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Also a wasted slot, lesser so, but still a waste. It could also be given to a band with half an ounce of relevancy 

Reading and relevancy?! Libertines back last year, suddenly bumped up to headliner, on their second reunion, with the last album they released before headlining being in 2004... I wouldn't get your hopes up on relevancy

Edited by chickenfajitas

2 minutes ago, chickenfajitas said:

Reading and relevancy?! Libertines back last year suddenly bumped to headliner on their second reunion with the last album they released before headlining being in 2004... I wouldn't get your hopes up on relevancy

Debut headline performances are, or were, the reason for Reading having any kind of USP, without them it's got fuck all but its history and a big budget, so yes - Reading should strive for relevancy

Edited by Yellow_Fellow