Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, cragzy said:

Anyone got a idea what day next week it's being announced?? I'm hoping for ADTR, GnR, weezer

I won't be that lucky, but that would be a dream announcement. I know axl sounds gash now, but I'll need to see that reunion so it'll save me the extra dolla coughing up for a gig ticket.

46 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

I won't be that lucky, but that would be a dream announcement. I know axl sounds gash now, but I'll need to see that reunion so it'll save me the extra dolla coughing up for a gig ticket.

Yeah if I'm honest, I was quite impressed by one day for acts all the way through last year but the lineups for me aren't good enough that I'd pay a full weekends money if it was just Biffy again. Weezer NME Foals day could change that but they aren't that likely.

2 hours ago, across97 said:

Can anyone clarify where the biffy rumour has started from? Absolutely brilliant when I saw them at Reading in 2013. Surely a 3 year gap too soon though?

There's no 'rumour' but - apart from a new account claiming it's The Stone Roses and paper talk about GNR - there aren't really any 'rumours' for the final headliner (ie. the one that isn't Foals or @Foals/Disclosure) so it's pretty much just going off instincts and shit. As you said, Biffy went down very well and there's also no obvious place for their "handful of UK festivals" to take place so the feeling with some posters is that FR will scoop them up again.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, conroy17 said:

I'd be happy enough with At the Drive-In and any of the headliners discussed (other than GnR)

Brand New, Weezer, Glassjaw, Pendulum, TSLP would be nice additions but I'm not expecting any of them.

I'd be a little more optimistic of TLSP given Werchter have them so anything saying only Glasto/Primavera and theater shows were happening is gone now. I'm not sure why, but I just have a hunch with how their tour is panning out this year that Weezer just might be in, I wouldn't place any faith in it mind. I would love Pendulum to come in the next announcement but I think it makes sense to use them in the Foals/Disclosure one to make it look a stronger announcement.

FRIDAY 

MAIN - Red Hot Chilli Peppers / The 1975 / Tame Impala / CHVRCHES / Two Door Cinema Club / The Rifles / Nothing But Thieves / Hinds / Prides

NME - Bloc Party / Crystal Castles / Cage The Elephant / The Fratellis / Blossoms / The Strypes

FR - Drenge / Darlia / Rat Boy

PIT - Sum 41 / Marmozets / Fidlar

SATURDAY

MAIN - Foals / Disclosure / Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / The Courteeners / Wolf Alice / The View / Circa Waves / Lower Than Atlantis / DMA's

NME - A Day To Remember / Sleeping With Sirens / Boy Better Know / Years And Years / Jake Garrett / Saint Raymond / Superfood

FR - Savages / Fat White Family / Yak

PIT.- Glassjaw / Pulled Apart By Horses / Gnarwolves

SUNDAY 

MAIN - Muse / Fall Out Boy / Weezer / Good Charlotte / Eagles Of Death Metal / Young Guns / Mallory Knox / Wolfmother / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

NME - The Vaccines / Everything Everything / Twenty One Pilots / Of Monsters And Men / Swim Deep / Temples

FR - Mystery Jets / Paul Smith / Sundara Karma

PIT - Mastadon / Crossfaith / Brian Fallon

3 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

FRIDAY 

MAIN - Red Hot Chilli Peppers / The 1975 / Tame Impala / CHVRCHES / Two Door Cinema Club / The Rifles / Nothing But Thieves / Hinds / Prides

NME - Bloc Party / Crystal Castles / Cage The Elephant / The Fratellis / Blossoms / The Strypes

SATURDAY

MAIN - Foals / Disclosure / Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls / The Courteeners / Wolf Alice / The View / Circa Waves / Lower Than Atlantis / DMA's

NME - A Day To Remember / Sleeping With Sirens / Boy Better Know / Years And Years / Jake Garrett / Saint Raymond / Superfood

SUNDAY 

MAIN - Muse / Fall Out Boy / Weezer / Good Charlotte / Eagles Of Death Metal / Young Guns / Mallory Knox / Wolfmother / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

NME - The Vaccines / Everything Everything / Twenty One Pilots / Of Monsters And Men / Swim Deep / Temples

Would love that lineup.

12 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

FRIDAY 

SATURDAY

SUNDAY 

That lineup would confirm me a ticket. Don't think TDCC would be that low down on main stage though

11 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

FRIDAY 

SATURDAY

SUNDAY 

There's a specific thread for these long predictions, but regardless that seems pretty fair. 

1 minute ago, Liam1082 said:

Does anyone think Bring Me The Horizon could be playing this year?

They have a couple of fesitvals around festival time of the year and they are touring. I don't know, I'm probably wrong! haha

They're being talked about for Glasto rather than R&L this year. Maybe next year although I think Download will be more likely then.

5 minutes ago, Liam1082 said:

They have a couple of fesitvals around festival time of the year and they are touring. I don't know, I'm probably wrong! haha

They subbed last year, so I think it is unlikely that they will play again this year.

13 minutes ago, Liam1082 said:

As much as I'd like them to be, looks unlikely this year.

The way that they are heading, definitely a future headliner prospect, dependant on the success of their next album (and Oli's vocals!).

1 hour ago, Biogeneric said:

The way that they are heading, definitely a future headliner prospect, dependant on the success of their next album (and Oli's vocals!).

Whilst I enjoyed them last year, despite only knowing a handful of songs and really not expecting much from them, the lack of singing really is a bit poor. I doubt he even sang half of each song. 

1 hour ago, Liam1082 said:

hope they do, but i think they'd only settle for a headline spot now as they were very well received last year as a sub. Reading is unlikely do do that though as they are still a bit of a risk with oli's vocals and all. give it 2 or 3 years.

3 hours ago, Biogeneric said:

Unless they loose all of this momentum the new album will push them up to headline for sure. Also Oli's vocals will hold out, I remember saying the same thing during when Sempiternal was coming out and it was fine. Infact Oli sounds better now than back in 2013, heard something about a backing track now too but I don't know if it is true

1 hour ago, DirtyChorizo said:

hope they do, but i think they'd only settle for a headline spot now as they were very well received last year as a sub. Reading is unlikely do do that though as they are still a bit of a risk with oli's vocals and all. give it 2 or 3 years.

How? Unless his family has a history of random exploding vocal chords it should be fine

Edited by justanothername

I can't tell if EODM are going to get a ridiculously high slot this year (eg, 4th main) out of respect or just a normal slot for them (6th/7th main). In the announcement they're placed in between Twenty one pilots and Boy better know who I can imagine both playing around 4th main/2nd NME but does that mean EODM are going to get a similar slot to them?

30 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Unless they loose all of this momentum the new album will push them up to headline for sure. Also Oli's vocals will hold out, I remember saying the same thing during when Sempiternal was coming out and it was fine. Infact Oli sounds better now than back in 2013, heard something about a backing track now too but I don't know if it is true

How? Unless his family has a history of random exploding vocal chords it should be fine

reading 2015, he had to mime half the words because his voice was so sore from screaming.