Lineup 2016

Matt42

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Why would they say about being at a handful of UK festivals and also say about own shows later on? Surely a lot of people would just wait for their own shows. A handful of festivals in the UK is interesting.

Because thats what they are doing, like most bands who release an album just before the summer. Festival tour, then a proper tour of venues in the winter. Its not really that hard is it? :S It wouldn't hurt sales that much as very few people go just for one band anyway (and if they do, those are the sorts who would go to every show they can of that particular band)

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Biffy only played in 2013 though, seems very soon for them to be coming back.Almost Download-esque.

its usually at least four or five years before Reading bring back a headliner.

3 years is fine, bands have headlined with only 2 years gap before.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

have they?

Not Reading they haven't, the only 3 years return for header I think there has been to my thinking was Foo's in 12 and 15. What else are they doing though if at Reading as they won't be heading Reading and subbing Glasto for eg. A small hunch that the are going to do the Green Day/Foals Reading slot this year before heading it next year. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari just said on Twitter that they won't be at R&L this year. Someone asked and they replied that they're doing the UK tour in Feb and are then off around the world. 

Sounds to me like they are using the panic thinking game there a bit as their tour isn't sold out next month. End of next month and Ally Pally is still not sold out with TKB reunion as well and TWY.

So what are the legitimate thoughts for the headliner being announced next week?

If foals are coheading i imagine that'll be announced after their tour finishes on feb 20th, so not them yet. 

Biffy would be pretty cool, but as previously said they've only played a few years ago.

Seems unlikely foos will be doing fests.

I bloody hope its not greenday or radiohead.

GnR still hold an outside thought, prehaps the announcement was brought forward to accommodate a few more show announcements by them.

Anyone else I've missed out?

15 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

So what are the legitimate thoughts for the headliner being announced next week?

If foals are coheading i imagine that'll be announced after their tour finishes on feb 20th, so not them yet. 

Biffy would be pretty cool, but as previously said they've only played a few years ago.

GnR still hold an outside thought, prehaps the announcement was brought forward to accommodate a few more show announcements by them.

Yeezy, Stone Roses... We really don't have much of a clue do we? Underwhelming ones like The Killers, Kings of Leon and The Prodigy could come into play but very much outside chances.

Green Day is a good shout as they're in the studio and yet to announce shows, however they could be a bit soon just like Biffy and also they're top of Giddings' wishlist for IOW.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dylangraham said:

Foo's didn't headline in 2015

1 hour ago, 6daviesdr said:

Pretty sure he meant to type 2002 and 2005.

Yeah this lol, sorry about that.

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

Foals still have tickets to sell for their arena tour so would be surprised if they were announced before that's finished. Disclosure could but imagine they would announce them both together, which points towards the other headliner being announced. 

Tame impala should be in there too with the tour having sold out.

Yup, they'll be last. No chance of them coming this week. Realsticially for the tour they have done and for the spot they will get it should be sold out comfortably by now. I couldn't with any certainty guess who it'll be this week.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeezy, Stone Roses... We really don't have much of a clue do we? Underwhelming ones like The Killers, Kings of Leon and The Prodigy could come into play but very much outside chances.

Green Day is a good shout as they're in the studio and yet to announce shows, however they could be a bit soon just like Biffy and also they're top of Giddings' wishlist for IOW.

What's underwhelming about The Prodigy?

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari just said on Twitter that they won't be at R&L this year. Someone asked and they replied that they're doing the UK tour in Feb and are then off around the world. 

Wouldn't be surprised if that means A Day To Remember will have that NME headline slot Shikari were being suggested for then against Foals

14 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They said the same in 2014 :ninja: 

13 hours ago, DirtyChorizo said:

3 years is fine, bands have headlined with only 2 years gap before.

Has any band headlined with a 2 year gap at R&L? 

46 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that means A Day To Remember will have that NME headline slot Shikari were being suggested for then against Foals

But I swear more people were putting ADTR opposite Foals and Shikari on the main on their predictions? 

6 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Considering they were around in Europe in August last year and they didn't play I'm going to say that they're probably not

Just because they didn't play one particular year when they were around doesn't mean they definitely won't ever play again

38 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Just because they didn't play one particular year when they were around doesn't mean they definitely won't ever play again

True but they toured Europe in August in 2013 and didn't play then so maybe R&L don't want them anymore. Also If they were around in Europe in August last year chances are they wont be this year

10 minutes ago, justanothername said:

True but they toured Europe in August in 2013 and didn't play then so maybe R&L don't want them anymore. Also If they were around in Europe in August last year chances are they wont be this year

I agree with you unfortunately, not saying they are going to play all the times but after being 3rd in 2011 they could have done NME header in 13 maybe but didn't, they did play an album show in 14 at Download though. I think it is probably telling though that they were around last year and did a couple of their own shows instead of R&L double which has tv coverage. 

14 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Yep they're touring Europe early summer this year and played all the later summer fests they could last year, and only shows in the UK. Chances are the slot that they'd be offered at R+L is nowhere near befitting what they think they should get.

6 hours ago, 6daviesdr said:

don't see why it can't be foals just because they are touring, Also i've changed my mind, i think foals will headline on their own with tame impala/alt J subbing them. if it's not foals then i think it will be either muse or biffy.