Weezer

Rise Against

Skindred

Mallory Knox

PVRIS

As It Is

Creeper

Dave Grohl
"We wouldn't really want to follow them, because The Prodigy are the ultimate festival band. There are two bands you never want to follow: The Prodigy and Rage Against The Machine."

Just saying.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, charley said:

Dave Grohl
"We wouldn't really want to follow them, because The Prodigy are the ultimate festival band. There are two bands you never want to follow: The Prodigy and Rage Against The Machine."

Just saying.

It's very hard to follow an act like The Prodigy as their energy and lightshow etc are great. Probably a lot of the reason why Arctics 2009 set was a bit of a come down.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I bet it was Venue lol, I always go 42s when I'm in Manchester and they don't play 4 Courteeners songs. They usually finish on a Stone Roses song, Sally Cinnamon more than most and the crowd always do the Kolo and Yaya chants coming out.

I enjoyed Venue's when I went, very cheao but house drinks. 42s is better, both very young crowds, 42s maybe more so, want to do a Friday night there. 

I'm sick to death of 42s, I went twice a week for the first 4 weeks of uni this year and it's literally the same playlist every night just put on shuffle. Can't argue with a nice I Am The Resurrection singalong though 

It's all about Fifth on a Friday, £1.98 double vodkas, songs that are 'bit' more varied and plenty of underage girls for all of those planning on going the Watkin's route

42 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I'm sick to death of 42s, I went twice a week for the first 4 weeks of uni this year and it's literally the same playlist every night just put on shuffle. Can't argue with a nice I Am The Resurrection singalong though 

It's all about Fifth on a Friday, £1.98 double vodkas, songs that are 'bit' more varied and plenty of underage girls for all of those planning on going the Watkin's route

I did find a similar setlist I must admit. I requested a Roses song that was different so was a bit disappointed it was the same one again, you would think they would have most of them. Only been Venue once I think, never been South which is meant to be okay, I like Mojo's although pricey. That's Fifth Avenue yes? I found Venue played a bit more stuff like The Cure and you're guaranteed to hear Oasis in there. I would say a mix of a bit heavier chucked in would be ideal.

Hmm, bit shit for me personally but I can see they've got some big ticket sellers in there I guess.

I'd be interested to see rhcp and see if they could atone for making me disillusioned with the concept of music after their last time heading up the bill. 

But I'll be seeing them at werchter anyways.

2 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Fall Out Boy

Enter Shikari

Incubus

Killswitch Engage

Tonight Alive

Fightstar

The Wonder Years

Moose Blood

CHVRCHES

Of Monsters & Men

Boy Better Know

Nothing But Thieves

Metric

Foals

The 1975

Courteeners

Wolf Alice

Slaves

Lower Than Atlantis

AWOLNATION

Basement

No Devotion

Marilyn Manson

Coheed & Cambria

Neck Deep

Glassjaw

Young Guns

Foo Fighters

The Prodigy

Weezer

Rise Against

Skindred

Mallory Knox

PVRIS

As It Is

Creeper

Years & Years

Twenty One Pilots

Kodaline

Cage The Elephant

Blood Red Shoes

I wish lineups where actually like your lineups. Main fri and sun, nme sat are just about perfection for me. I'd switch FFs for gnr though.

Sadly i can never see manson playing reading againg and i've been wishing for incubus to make an appearance again for ages now.

42 minutes ago, ekajia said:

Guns N' Roses classic line-up to 'headline two UK festivals in 2017'

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/90142?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gunsnroses

Well if that's not total bulls*** then that clears that up. Download does make more sense for them, i expect iow is mainly for convenience as its the same weekend to capitalise on playing fests first before a headline tour.

If that is the case though, no uk announcements for atleast 10 months then.

43 minutes ago, ekajia said:

Guns N' Roses classic line-up to 'headline two UK festivals in 2017'

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/90142?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gunsnroses

Closer to a year and a half, can't remember Download and the IOW sharing before but I guess you accept what you have to. Neil must think Reading next year is still a little in the mix to add them to rumors today. It's like you know the Download headers already for the following year, day ticket for me.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I did find a similar setlist I must admit. I requested a Roses song that was different so was a bit disappointed it was the same one again, you would think they would have most of them. Only been Venue once I think, never been South which is meant to be okay, I like Mojo's although pricey. That's Fifth Avenue yes? I found Venue played a bit more stuff like The Cure and you're guaranteed to hear Oasis in there. I would say a mix of a bit heavier chucked in would be ideal.

South is more of a techno/house type place so I'm not sure whether it'd be your thing or not as I've never seen you talk about any type of dance music. I've only been the Mojo in Liverpool which I really like but as you said it's quite pricey. Yeah Fifth Avenue has changed it's name to  just Fifth now and plays a lot more chart/dance music than it used to.

I'm starting to get really bored of Manchester's nightlife because all my friend's listen to pretty much just indie/rock so we always end up in the same places listening to the same songs. It get's really boring after 4 years. That said I'd much rather that than have all my friends take MDMA and go to Antwerp Mansion 3 times a week which seems to be about 75% of the student population of Fallowfield, sooooooo many man buns

1 hour ago, jonodillieono said:

South is more of a techno/house type place so I'm not sure whether it'd be your thing or not as I've never seen you talk about any type of dance music. I've only been the Mojo in Liverpool which I really like but as you said it's quite pricey. Yeah Fifth Avenue has changed it's name to  just Fifth now and plays a lot more chart/dance music than it used to.

I'm starting to get really bored of Manchester's nightlife because all my friend's listen to pretty much just indie/rock so we always end up in the same places listening to the same songs. It get's really boring after 4 years. That said I'd much rather that than have all my friends take MDMA and go to Antwerp Mansion 3 times a week which seems to be about 75% of the student population of Fallowfield, sooooooo many man buns

I'm more trance than techno, a mate used to go though who I'm sure went to a indie type of night there? Always wanted to go Livepool but never made it, MOJO is down a little side road there isn't it?

30 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Hadn't listened to Twenty One Pilots until the announcement. They seem quite big (completely based on views/followers), where abouts do you think they'll sit on NME?

Yeah,their last tour sold out Acadamy sized venues.

Would watch them clash permitting, haven't heard much by them except that song they had about a broken car stereo or whatever a few years ago.

3 minutes ago, art7 said:

Have a few mates who won't be able to get tickets (early entry/weekend) until late February/March time.

Do people think this will be a problem, or not to worry too much?

Don't worry, final headliner (edit: is the final headliner then, actually, or later? I've forgotten) + major line up announcement won't be til probably mid-March. Won't get anywhere near to selling out before then.

Edited by #FreeComTruise

10 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Don't worry, final headliner (edit: is the final headliner then, actually, or later? I've forgotten) + major line up announcement won't be til probably mid-March. Won't get anywhere near to selling out before then.

Cheers! Yeah pretty sure it was mid-late Feb last year, can't remember completely.

Hopefully so -  just wondered whether RHCP might have increased ticket sales early on, hopefully not though. 

Edited by art7

36 minutes ago, art7 said:

Cheers! Yeah pretty sure it was mid-late Feb last year, can't remember completely.

Hopefully so -  just wondered whether RHCP might have increased ticket sales early on, hopefully not though. 

This announcement will definitely see a fair few sales over Christmas, but bar something outlandish e.g. an Oasis reformation confirmed to be happening at R&L, then tickets aren't gonna be selling out until late on. Especially for Leeds.

35 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

This announcement will definitely see a fair few sales over Christmas, but bar something outlandish e.g. an Oasis reformation confirmed to be happening at R&L, then tickets aren't gonna be selling out until late on. Especially for Leeds.

Nice one, thanks for answering.

So you reckon April/May time for Reading? .. Barring like you said, Oasis or someone similar...

3 minutes ago, art7 said:

Nice one, thanks for answering.

So you reckon April/May time for Reading? .. Barring like you said, Oasis or someone similar...

It'll probably be even later than that if it sells out, probably like August. Festivals don't sell like they used to unless you're called Glastonbury. I haven't been keeping up with R+L news really but I'm under the impression one of the days has Foals + Disclosure as joint headliners and I don't know about the other one. Unless the other one is something ridiculous like Oasis then I think you'll be fine for tickets well into August