Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Yeah it does seem odd that there are no RHCP dates for the UK so far (soni perhaps) could be like green day in 2013 doing the European tour then returning for R&L. They did do Isle of Wight as a one off last year. 

Green Day did that's true along with a Brixton date. The thing with Chili's in 14 though they did have two other Euro dates but I'll agree it wouldn't be a total shock and probably a safer bet for them than a big outdoor date of their own which I kind of feel we'd know about by now. Nothing says they have to hit the UK next year though.

1 minute ago, cragzy said:

Anyone else have a feeling that the offspring might play this year?

Nope. 

This year (2015) they toured Europe around R+L and did their own shows in the UK. Can only imagine they were offered to R+L and the festival didn't want them - don't see it being different next year when they're pretty unlikely to be touring at the time.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those never really work unless we have some sort of idea how many are being announced and for what.

We don't normally know that though, do we?

Think we normally just say something like a headliner and 7 other acts, and then the amount they actually announce doesn't even matter, really.

We never know what stages they're announcing stuff for, guess that's part of the guessing game. Anyway I'll find last year's and see what we did.

I guess we won't even find out what slots the announced acts are doing so I think we literally just looked at who got the most acts correct last year tbh.

That was way too big an explanation for such a pointless game.

Thinking back to Limp Bizkit I think Reading would benefit from a couple of nu-metal/90s bands. Limp Bizkit blew the roof off of that tent. (probably one of the most sublime of hundreds of festival sets I've ever seen!) Perfect pace and atmosphere. Dunno about any of you guys who were there, but I enjoyed it massively. Despite the hate and poor rep that they have picked up over the years

Could Linkin Park come again after 12 years?

7 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

I made the thread if anyone wants to post their prediction, also I don't really know how we did scoring for the first prediction last year so if anyone wants to DM me that and I'll add it to my initial post

We were gonna do it how we did in the full game but then we didn't know anyone's day/position so literally did a leaderboard of how many acts people got right. So there's no scoring format other than that.