Lineup 2016

Matt42

I'd be all for Frank Turner headlining the NME year. He was excellent last night. 

Don't care about how much of a shameless plug this is but you can hear my interview I did with Frank Turner here. Don't talk about festivals unfortunately (ran out of time) but he talks about other things. 

https://m.mixcloud.com/FuseFM/ciaran-mclaughlin-chats-to-frank-turner/

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The 1975
Catfish and The Bottlemen 
Brand New
Slaves 
Lower Than Atlantis 
PVRIS 
As It Is 
Moose Blood 

Bloc Party 
Editors 
Kodaline

Sum 41 
Anti-Flag 

Foals
The Last Shadow Puppets
Tame Impala
CHVRCHES
Wolf Alice 
Pulled Apart By Horses
Circa Waves 
Nothing But Thieves 
Prides

Enter Shikari 
Skepta & JME
Modestep

Coheed and Cambria 
Every Time I Die

Guns 'N Roses
30 Seconds To Mars
Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls
Good Charlotte
Don Broco
Bury Tomorrow 
The Wonder Years
Beartooth
State Champs 

Years & Years 
Twenty One Pilots
Deaf Havana 

Mastodon 
Crossfaith 

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The 1975
Catfish and The Bottlemen 
Brand New
Slaves 
Lower Than Atlantis 
PVRIS 
As It Is 
Moose Blood 

Bloc Party 
Editors 
Kodaline

Sum 41 
Anti-Flag 

Foals
The Last Shadow Puppets
Tame Impala
CHVRCHES
Wolf Alice 
Pulled Apart By Horses
Circa Waves 
Nothing But Thieves 
Prides

Enter Shikari 
Skepta & JME
Modestep

Coheed and Cambria 
Every Time I Die

Guns 'N Roses
30 Seconds To Mars
Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls
Good Charlotte
Don Broco
Bury Tomorrow 
The Wonder Years
Beartooth
State Champs 

Years & Years 
Twenty One Pilots
Deaf Havana 

Mastodon 
Crossfaith 

That Sum 41/RHCP clash would KILL ME. Also circa waves and nothing but thieves are both too low, and pulled apart by horses are too high, other than that seems pretty possible..

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kasabian have finished touring that album now. probably end up headlining in 2017 off the back of their new album

Yup, Kasabian and Biffy for 17 would not surprise me at all. To be honest, chuck Muse in there as well as the header they often get from Glasto and you've got a set of 3 strong.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, Kasabian and Biffy for 17 would not surprise me at all. To be honest, chuck Muse in there as well as the header they often get from Glasto and you've got a set of 3 strong.

usually a 'new' headliner in the mix isn't there? but yeah doubtful Muse will be touring then. Kasabian and Biffy are both strong possibilities, though neither are particularly huge/would be suitable for the two hour set. one of Kasabian/Biffy, a 'big' headliner, and a new'un

anyway, back to 2016...

People keep guessing at Muse and RHCP but can people really see RHCP coming back to Europe after their early summer festivals and if Muse are headlining Glasto surely they wouldn't do both? Think the only headliner we can be almost sure of is Foals as there is nothing to rule them out. A little bit lost as to who could be the others though.

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

People keep guessing at Muse and RHCP but can people really see RHCP coming back to Europe after their early summer festivals and if Muse are headlining Glasto surely they wouldn't do both? Think the only headliner we can be almost sure of is Foals as there is nothing to rule them out. A little bit lost as to who could be the others though.

People guessing Muse either don't expect them at Glastonbury/haven't seen Neil's info, I assume.

I can ser RHCP coming back just because there's nothing else in the UK for them to do other than their own shows. If it wasn't for the fact there seems to be so few options I wouldn't be predicting them.

4 hours ago, charley said:

Would love to see Lush or Ride on the lineup (wont happen but would be good)

Why do you say it not going to happen. I to would love to see them at reading plus would love to sleater Kinney (They say album out next year) and Albert Hammond jnr (he said is up for festivals appearances next summer).  

14 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Frank Turner would be an amazing headliner for the tent. I still think he COULD sub even as a weak one, but at the same time, wouldn't be surprised by a tent headline slot, and think it'd be the best next step for him.

He headline the festival republic tent last year mate on this own and was amazing one of the highlights of the whole weekend played all the sing alone classics. But i can not see him doing he same for next year so 3/4 on the main stage with full band.