Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DanielM17 said:

This is possibly the most feasible prediction I've seen, bar the Tame Impala ommision.

man Tame Impala are like one of my favourite bands and for me 'Currents' is one of the best releases of 2015. I think my pessimistic attitude is telling me we're not going to get them.

Friday: 
Main Stage: Red Hot Chili Peppers // The 1975 // Catfish and the Bottlemen // Band of Skulls // Don Broco // Modern Baseball // Pvris // The Struts // Creeper
NME:  Tame Impala // Frank Turner // Everything Everything // Lucy Rose // Deaf Havana // The Subways // We are the Ocean // Swim Deep // Hippo Campus 
Dance: Nero
Lock up: Rise Against
Festival Republic: Mystery Jets

Saturday:
Main Stage: Muse // You Me At Six // Enter Shikari // The Hives // Wolf Alice // Lower than Atlantis // Marmozets // Hadouken! // frnkiero andthe celebration
NME: Disclosure (Closing) // Two Door Cinema Club // Circa Waves // Neck Deep // Editors // Dry The River // Coasts // Ratboy // While She Sleeps // Arcane Roots 
Dance: Rusko
Lock up: The Front Bottoms
Festival Republic: King Charles

Sunday:
Mainstage: Foals // Bloc Party // Kodaline // Twin Atlantic // Sum 41 // Slaves // Pulled Apart By Horses // Beartooth // Attack! Attack!
NME:  Skepta // 21 Pilots // Drenge // Mallory Knox // Saint Raymond // Nothing But Thieves // Milky Chance // Sundara Karma // Young Kato // The Carnabys
Dance: Sub-Focus
The Pit: Of Mice & Men
Festival Republic: Darwin Deez

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i'd say them not being there this year makes them almost certainties for next. prime Reading/Leeds act who've taken off massively over the past year and will be offered a high position. Main sub seems a little high for me, but hell, they're headlining arenas so i guess it isn't too outrageous

But what man is saying is that they played pretty much all the festivals they would do around R+L at the end of summer this year  , yet they didn't play R+L in that time, so now you're looking at them coming back early summer and doing their typical festies; Primavera, Hurricane/Southside, Best Kept Secret, Glasto, Werchter, blah blah and then going off touring America or somewhere again rather than just doing R+L.

I wouldn't doubt that they could scrap together a few other fests to do in that time but I'm inclined to agree that it's nothing like set in stone and perhaps even a bit unlikely. Maybe R+L can get them on the headline push on album 4. :thumbsu:

7 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I'm not sure if Tame Impala will QUITE be subbing. Wouldn't surprise me of course, but I can see them being third from the top.

I think with that it just depends on who else they've got really. They could probably play third but if they couldn't get three bigger non-headlining acts then they could sub as well.

Just now, conroy17 said:

I feel like they'd be too big for the tent; and therefore can't be justified as playing 3rd either. Think they would sub if they played.

I definitely wouldn't say NME headliner is on a par with 3rd.

37 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Friday: 
Main Stage: Red Hot Chili Peppers // The 1975 // Catfish and the Bottlemen // Band of Skulls // Don Broco // Modern Baseball // Pvris // The Struts // Creeper
NME:  Tame Impala // Frank Turner // Everything Everything // Lucy Rose // Deaf Havana // The Subways // We are the Ocean // Swim Deep // Hippo Campus 

Saturday:
Main Stage: Muse // You Me At Six // Enter Shikari // The Hives // Wolf Alice // Lower than Atlantis // Marmozets // Hadouken! // frnkiero andthe celebration
NME: Disclosure (Closing) // Two Door Cinema Club // Circa Waves // Neck Deep // Editors // Dry The River // Coasts // Ratboy // While She Sleeps // Arcane Roots 

Sunday:
Mainstage: Foals // Bloc Party // Kodaline // Twin Atlantic // Sum 41 // Slaves // Pulled Apart By Horses // Beartooth // Attack! Attack!
NME:  Skepta // 21 Pilots // Drenge // Mallory Knox // Saint Raymond // Nothing But Thieves // Milky Chance // Sundara Karma // Young Kato // The Carnabys

What the fuck did Editors do to you?

1 hour ago, peruvianjoco said:

Friday: 

Saturday:

Sunday:

Ok....

Frank Turner too low

Disclosure wouldn't do a closing NME set - sub main the lowest they'd be

Bloc Party too high

Kodaline too high

Editors too low

7 hours ago, gweb said:

Ok....

Frank Turner too low

Disclosure wouldn't do a closing NME set - sub main the lowest they'd be

Bloc Party too high

Kodaline too high

Editors too low

Kodaline and Bloc Party are big bands, Editors I kind of just chucked in last minute

Edit: How is positioning even supposed to work, Biffy can Headline, but 3rd from top is too high for Kodaline?? Kodaline are huge

Edited by peruvianjoco

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

New Found Glory, Real Friends, Issues, Every Time I Die, Panic! at The Disco, Memphis May Fire, Of Mice and Men and Four Year Strong.

^^^ Slam Dunk

So can rule most of them out of appearing on the pit

Still going to hold out hope for Four Year Strong this year though.

13 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Biffy can Headline, but 3rd from top is too high for Kodaline?? Kodaline are huge

Are you sure about that mate?