Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cragzy said:

Personal headliners I can see them being red hot chilli peppers, foals, biffy clyro.

sub headliners I see them being fall out boy, bloc party and I can't think of anyone else.

I think it's the difficult one to work out this year, unless you ignore anything to do with too early returns. I think Reading will push hard for GNR if available. Download would want them 1st but for the band it's money and that's it.

3 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

Bloc Party are 90% going to play, I think they'll headline the NME though

For headliners I'm seeing:

RHCP

Foals

Foo's/Biffy

RHCP seem to be doing festivals just in early summer. Not to say that they can't come over to the UK for one thing next year as they pretty much did last year but it has to be unlikely at this point.

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

This isn't specific to R+L but where do we think BMTH are going to end up next year seen as they aren't doing Download and highly unlikely they'd be doing R+L

Recent quotes seem to link them to a Glastonbury spot.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

RHCP seem to be doing festivals just in early summer. Not to say that they can't come over to the UK for one thing next year as they pretty much did last year but it has to be unlikely at this point.

Recent quotes seem to link them to a Glastonbury spot.

Who do you think for headliners? All I can see right now is three of Foals, RHCP, Kanye and Biffy. Outside chance of Stone Roses and maybe GnR. I've probably forgotten someone, however.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Who do you think for headliners? All I can see right now is three of Foals, RHCP, Kanye and Biffy. Outside chance of Stone Roses and maybe GnR. I've probably forgotten someone, however.

I dunno. I get too busy criticising others' predictions to think of any for myself. Foals, Biffy and Stone Roses right now probably but Neil said something in the T thread that he didn't think Biffy would headline R+L because of something.

You said that you thought RHCP have a chance because you didn't think they were gonna play Werchter and would instead be at PKP, didn't you?

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. I get too busy criticising others' predictions to think of any for myself. Foals, Biffy and Stone Roses right now probably but Neil said something in the T thread that he didn't think Biffy would headline R+L because of something.

You said that you thought RHCP have a chance because you didn't think they were gonna play Werchter and would instead be at PKP, didn't you?

That was some reasoning I came up with, but I still wouldn't be shocked if they did headline. But yeah, I hadn't clocked they were now at Werchter.

Only reason I can see them coming back just for R&L is that they're similar to Green Day in that there's only really R&L they can play (aside from their own shows).

2 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Bring Me playing a lower slot at Glasto seems odd, not that they were playing, but just because you'd think they'd try and line up a headline spot somewhere to move up a level

It's a shame they didn't headline Download this year

Well there's nowhere they could have headlined if Soni isn't on (and I'd assume it isn't).

It's not like with less heavy bands who can play the likes of Latitude/Bestival.

5 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

This isn't specific to R+L but where do we think BMTH are going to end up next year seen as they aren't doing Download and highly unlikely they'd be doing R+L

Surely they'd be looking to headline something now?

I'm thinking it might be Slam Dunk if they keep the outside stages.