Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎18‎:‎59‎:‎39, FloorFiller said:

NME saying that GnR are bookies favourites to headline

Basing their information on Betfair, which only has 3 options, one of which is Download, even though it's impossible for them to headline there. Their rep said they are favourites to headline R/L simply because they played there before. Complete b/s.

On 13/11/2015, 20:22:37, truthpigeon said:

Reckon Grohl & Co are gonna be away from the live circuit til 2017.

you could be rigtht, tho so far the only thing with a solid suggestion behind it is that Foos aren't coming to Europe in early-summer next year.

That doesn't rule out late summer, and while we can't guarantee the info we heard is correct, we've reason to think there might be something to it.

38 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

okay, nvm, Metallica were announced on the 24th of November last year so if last year is anything to go by we should expect an announcement in the next two weeks.

Yeah the past few years we've had a headliner and a few bands at the end of November or the start of December so this time next month we should know some bands.

On 11/13/2015, 6:59:39, FloorFiller said:

hmm thought they were already down as a rumour

NME saying that GnR are bookies favourites to headline

seriously I can not see it my self after the infamous set they did at reading in 2010 I do not think they would come back after what happened and what they said afterwards!

1 minute ago, benus80 said:

seriously I can not see it my self after the infamous set they did at reading in 2010 I do not think they would come back after what happened and what they said afterwards!

i don't think they'll do it myself, but the original Guns N Roses reunion would be HUGE, and whatever festival gets them will be a damn lucky one, so i doubt the organisers would let 2010's events dissuade them from booking the band again if given the chance

I don't think anyone involved would let feelings get in the way of business, at the end of the day if the money was there GnR would take it and Leeds and Melvin are probably going to see it as a huge opportunity, especially as it would be a real talking point

I really really hope it isn't Guns N Roses

On the other side, they really don't suit Leeds' main demographic but I guess that didn't stop them in 2010 and the metallica day was probably the busiest day last year

Errr you don't think Axl would let his ego/feelings get in the way of where they'd play?  This is the guy who holds grudges against band mates for 20+ years, takes 15 years to release an album and shows up on stage when he wants (massively late) then blames it on the promoter.  I don't actually think he's interested in money (he's probably got enough) and it's very apparent he only does what he 100% wants to do regardless of concequences, so I don't think the reunion is a money thing for once.

However they are doing Coachella, then Rock in Lisboa in May and are rumoured for Rockavaria in May as well - so bad feelings aside I'm not sure they'd then do a festival here in August as I think it's meant to be a small run of shows to test the waters then stadium dates to follow.  I think they'll do rock in rio too which is in September afaik, so likely be over in South America around the time of Reading and Leeds.

I disagree.  Generally, yeah he won't remember every venue and the intracacies.  But I don't think it's every day they get the plug pulled on them during their set and he doesn't get his way. He was massively pissed off about it on twitter afterwards and had two rants about a week apart ( the second one being like 2 weeks after the festival).  

Maybe he has forgotten or whatever, but I wouldn't bank on that as a certainty, or that he'll lie over for a few extra quid as I don't think money is his main motivator (or he'd have put up with a reunion long ago).