Lineup 2016

Matt42

Lets face it Foals will headline, just like Razorlight and My Chemical Romance did. It got slated but the bookers do what they want to do at the end of the day and Melvin likes them.

MCR were massively bigger as well, I don't need to try to justify them not playing as I haven't attended the fest since 2012. But if they do, I think you're looking to fill one header.

What are you getting from  Biffy's 2013 tour dates?

That is was much bigger and they had done arena dates before. They are doing a London show that a sub would do, Biffy did a London show that a headliner would do and did.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit dead on here recently.

Come to the realisation that I can't think of a trio for next year thats gonna excite me

Florence and Muse being the only two likely to punt really isn't doing much for me - and yeah i'm firmly in the Foals aren't ready camp. They aren't.

Not saying they won't headline, but they shouldn't.

Come to the realisation that I can't think of a trio for next year thats gonna excite me

Florence and Muse being the only two likely to punt really isn't doing much for me - and yeah i'm firmly in the Foals aren't ready camp. They aren't.

Not saying they won't headline, but they shouldn't.

What makes you think that they're not ready? Genuinely asking.

I wouldn't agree that it flopped. Have a look at the relative sales figures - it sold more than most albums that came in 2nd or 3rd all year, along with some number ones. Just seems like a tough week.

To be honest, if a band has headlined Latitude, Bestival and they're now playing the biggest concerts of their career, I don't know what else they could do to be ready to headline. If they don't bump up bands that are in that sort of position then the future of the festival is fucked.

i'm still of the opinion that Foals will headline, but the whole album release timing (and the fact that it didn't exactly light the world on fire) seems quite off - album will've been out a full year before they actually perform it at the festival, which for an already cemented headliner wouldn't really matter, but for a band stepping up seems like a bit of an error of judgement

MCR were massively bigger as well, I don't need to try to justify them not playing as I haven't attended the fest since 2012. But if they do, I think you're looking to fill one header.

That is was much bigger and they had done arena dates before. They are doing a London show that a sub would do, Biffy did a London show that a headliner would do and did.

What's a London show that a sub would do an one that a headliner would do?

What's a London show that a sub would do an one that a headliner would do?

Wembley Arena, BMTH sub. The O2 Biffy Clyro, headliner. They might but I don't think they are going to headline. Further onto what Floorfiller said, I actually don't think the fest would have booked them to headline based on how much earlier the album has come out prior to the fest just in case it did disappear. June/July next year would of been a much better time.

I'd never heard this criterion until Foals didn't meet it. :lol:

Nothing to do with Foals directly though?

Their newest album flopped and does anyone really want it to happen? Just feels like there's no real demand for it

I also think most of readings audience won't give a shit either way

Er it didn't flop did it? It might not have reached the sales figures of mega pop acts or the moving target needed for a "proper sized" headliner, but it wasn't a flop.

There is obviously some demand for them or we wouldn't be talking about them. (and they wouldn't have mostly sold an arena tour).

Er it didn't flop did it? It might not have reached the sales figures of mega pop acts or the moving target needed for a "proper sized" headliner, but it wasn't a flop.

There is obviously some demand for them or we wouldn't be talking about them. (and they wouldn't have mostly sold an arena tour).

It is probably somewhere between flopped and forgotten about tbf, really hasn't stood any test of longevity.

It's a small arena tour though, look at someone like Mumford, Biffy, The Libs (awful album mind you), even QOTSA, Paramore (who got the 2nd Wembley date out, Paramore who had declined a bit from the Brand New Eye's tour which was massive, could of probably headlined before they did), and some of them are no brainers. They only feel confident with one 12k venue in the capital city. I think co-headline is the most they can hope for and that might be a stretch. Much more likely to sub imo.

which is weird as you've never mentioned this criteria before...

Who said it was a criteria? It doesn't have to be a criteria, but if someone is seriously telling me that a band playing one Wembley Arena date on their tour in Feb off the back of an album put the previous September that'll be well forgotten by next August, and it's not a bad/weak or desparate booking to the point that they had no one else which they clearly will then they're deluded.

Florence and foals 'coheadlining' is/was being looked at.

I have doubts Flo will be there but if they are, they aren't co-headlining with anyone at R&L. At IOW/T it's a little different as there is a closing dance act now but Flo going on the same time as a sub would, nah!

Yes you are.

Keep believing that.......the bollocks you run away with.