Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The National and Dizzee Rascal looked to be on upward trajectories when they played those slots. Maybe "rising stars" is a wrong turn of phrase, but you catch my drift.

Anyway, I digress.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music/oasis-reunion-rumours-could-noel-10160027Y

Possibly? Yeah I know what you'd all think, but they would be a massive coup for the festival and would be a big draw.

inb4 "Yeah but they released their debut album before 2010 so they wouldn't be suitable because all da kidz who go to Reading and Leeds these days have definitely not heard of them!!!"

The National and Dizzee Rascal looked to be on upward trajectories when they played those slots. Maybe "rising stars" is a wrong turn of phrase, but you catch my drift.

Anyway, I digress.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music/oasis-reunion-rumours-could-noel-10160027Y

Possibly? Yeah I know what you'd all think, but they would be a massive coup for the festival and would be a big draw.

inb4 "Yeah but they released their debut album before 2010 so they wouldn't be suitable because all da kidz who go to Reading and Leeds these days have definitely not heard of them!!!"

Well you could've just said you think they'd be booked there rather than creating an imaginary "rising stars slot" for them to be the latest occupant of. If you're that liberal with it then most of the slots at the festival are "rising stars slots".

Also why would anyone say that last bit? Yeah they'd be huge but if they were to reunite then they'd be doing their own gigs, and V if they did any festivals because of their old bookers having a stake in V Festival. They won't reunite though, you can even gauge that from the article.