Lineup 2016

Matt42

Anyone that thinks that Reading would improve if Leeds no longer happened is deluded. The term double pay day is there for a reason. You just need to look at the state of T in the Park these days to realise that when a buddy festival withdraws the other half suffers. The booking power is greatly diminished.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that thinks that Reading would improve if Leeds no longer happened is deluded. The term double pay day is there for a reason. You just need to look at the state of T in the Park these days to realise that when a buddy festival withdraws the other half suffers. The booking power is greatly diminished.

Yup, they will suffer from the lack of a double payday. There would be no more incentive for an act to play it over IOW that is suitable for both for example. When Reading was the sole fest of them both it was different as there was no other, it won't be the same case if it drops down. The amount of extra dance that is booked would be crazy as most of them only get paid based on one weekends show anyway, this has also risen a lot of the last couple of years at T.

Edited by thewayiam

A band not playing was an example, there are many ways that if it went back to being a single festival it could be better. More investment in a single site for example, bigger bands/stages, more going on outside of the music, things like that.

I guess what i'm saying is that the festival lost something for me when Leeds came along, hard to put your finger on it but it was never quite the same. You'd see a band come on who had found themselves on the mainstage and are genuinely blown away by playing to a huge crowd for the first time (now you are only going to see that reaction 50% of the time).

This is not an anti Leeds thing by the way, I don't mind if it all moved there rather than Reading.

Bollocks, Reading has no late night entertainment

Scrap Reading and spend the spare money on a new louder sound system for the Relentless stage at Leeds. everybody wins

Edited by jonodillieono

Bollocks, Reading has no late night entertainment

Scrap Reading and spend the spare money on a new louder sound system for the Relentless stage at Leeds. everybody wins

As i said ... i am not saying it has to happen in Reading.

I don't think Flo is going to be there, just something says she'll do IOW instead. There is also the more coverage of later Euro fests compared to early this year and by that I mean from even earlier in June, being as she was in America early June. I think Foo's and Blur and I can't them them pulling all those 3. It's said about IOW having very strong headers this year and they did but it should be remembered that the two of Friday wouldn't get headline at any other major UK Fest except for Download and if I'm honest they shouldn't have got that. I really like them live but they are missing the 'headline' thing there. 2nd stage would suit more so. i'd imagine along with T, this is echoed by V and R&L too. I'll say it doesn't help that Download gets darker later.

Edited by thewayiam

But how? All it was, was explaining opinions on a few things. I swear younger folk these don't don't have a capacity to understand anything more thank yes or no.

I was just pissing about, sorry if I caused offence. It was a bit rambling though to go from where you think Flo will play instead to where you think Prodigy should play. :P

But how? All it was, was explaining opinions on a few things. I swear younger folk these don't don't have a capacity to understand anything more thank yes or no.

I'm pretty sure I'm significantly older than you. It's more us older folk don't understand when people change subjects 3 times in a paragraph :)

I was just pissing about, sorry if I caused offence. It was a bit rambling though to go from where you think Flo will play instead to where you think Prodigy should play. :P

It wasn't because the context of it was me suggesting R&L probably wouldn't have 3 that bigger headers but while IOW had 4 overall strong options two would them wouldn't be considered to headline R&L. You didn't offence really but there people on here that just choose not to have a conversation and instead of just ignoring it be sarky.

I'm pretty sure I'm significantly older than you. It's more us older folk don't understand when people change subjects 3 times in a paragraph :)

What you actually mean here is, you don't understand why someone could do a perfectly normal thing and talk about more than one thing at once especially when it's comparing similar situations. You might be TOO much older than me! ;P

It wasn't because the context of it was me suggesting R&L probably wouldn't have 3 that bigger headers but while IOW had 4 overall strong options two would them wouldn't be considered to headline R&L. You didn't offence really but there people on here that just choose not to have a conversation and instead of just ignoring it be sarky.

What you actually mean here is, you don't understand why someone could do a perfectly normal thing and talk about more than one thing at once especially when it's comparing similar situations. You might be TOO much older than me! ;P

Except you're not talking, you're typing.

If we were having a conversation it would probably make sense. However, when it's written down without any real sentence structure or paragraphs it just looks like one big ramble darting off on tangents.

Either way it wasn't meant to be a big deal, I was only pointing out why people might have a problem following what you typed.

Except you're not talking, you're typing.

If we were having a conversation it would probably make sense. However, when it's written down without any real sentence structure or paragraphs it just looks like one big ramble darting off on tangents.

Either way it wasn't meant to be a big deal, I was only pointing out why people might have a problem following what you typed.

Don't make it in to a big deal then by stating it's rambling when it's clear not. I should just be like you lot, do you think they can headline? Yes. I'm done, that's my capacity of understanding.

Don't make it in to a big deal then by stating it's rambling when it's clear not. I should just be like you lot, do you think they can headline? Yes. I'm done, that's my capacity of understanding.

I stated it was rambling because that's exactly what it seems like to me, when you're talking about one thing and the dovetail into something bairly related. However I think they could headline as that festusually has a couple of strong headliners but can't see them booking them this year as Glastonbury want them and I could see them doing Leeds and Glastonbury but not download and Glastonbury. But of they could get daft punk then maybe they'll go play t in the park instead and Fleetwood Mac will finally play glasto. The problem with that is I couldn't see them getting exclusive and Leeds would probably want that plus the prodigy have accepted lower elsewhere, but maybe with an exclusive they could do that along with foo fighters and arcade fire although I think foos might do there own stadium shows and glasto as I can't see them playing download as they've always turned down the money from download. But if they're doing a few Euro fests then maybe they'll play isle of Wight as that seems like a logical booking for them and I could see them getting them and the other one to play for a strong set of headliners. Of course that could change if they decide to play later in the year but I think it's pretty obvious to all of us who I'm talking about.