Victorious 2015

the wonderwhy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if that means a Primal Scream / Flaming Lips clash or the Primals will be part of the main stage line up?

Are Tinie Tempah and Flaming Lips both definitely playing the main stage? Primal Scream into Flaming Lips would've made plenty of sense, but if that's right then it does sorta seem set for a clash.

I think they'll be on different stages. Pretty sure last year Dizzee and Tom Odell were both 'headliners' but were on separate stages.

They seemingly have two 'main' stages this year anyway. The (new common) stage and the castle stage which was the main stage last year. My guess would be Primal Scream then Flaming Lips (and SFA then Ray Davies for Sunday) on one of them, with Tinie Tempah (and then Basement Jaxx) on the other at pretty much the same time.

I'm wondering what they'll do with the set times this year. Last couple of years headliners have only had an hour and other bands during the day mainly only get 30 minutes. For a lot of this lineup that's not nearly enough (Peter Hook for example is going to need a lot longer than half an hour) so will be interesting to see what happens. Seems they might not have closing DJ sets this year on the main stages so that might help, as they'll be able to finish the bands later.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm staying in the fratton ibis budget on the sat and sun nights, it sounds pretty basic but it's just somewhere to sleep, poop and shower to be fair

Yeah, we stopped there for this last year. It was OK. As you say, basic but did the job. Its about a half hour walk to the venue. If you plan on getting a taxi there suggest booking early, we waited about an hour on the Sunday because of how busy it was. Not many decent pubs close to the hotel, we found getting down to the seafront early and finding a decent boozer there worked best

Wow just seen this when I saw from the main festivals page Lippy had posted in here, I know we share a common interest in the same artists, so thought Id have a look, completely passed me by this has, I might have to do this!

Went last year mate. Reckon its the way Godiva will go. Charge a reasonably nominal amount but get a cracking line-up. Can only assume this is heavily subsidized by the local authority, no way would be able to fund this line-up at these prices otherwise. Great lay-out, the 2nd stage was over looking the sea .Queues for loos and drinks were pretty bad later on but otherwise recommended.

In terms of hotels, suggest local B&B's will be worth checking out...were loads closer than the Ibis.

Edited by Flaminglippy

The mrs has got us in the normal Ibis on a deal I think. Booking it with free cancellation.

I really like the line up,

SFA can be hit and miss depending on how they wanna be on the day, at V2005 they were amazing headlining 4th stage, but when they headlined Godiva before they were god awful, setlist didn't help one bit though.

Never seen Basement Jaxx, The Darkness, Flaming Lips or Ray Davies [although im not sure what his setlist would be, only know of him via The Kinks]

I LOVE Primal Scream and they've always been fantastic all the times I've seen them

We Are Scientists love them to bits

The bulk of the undercard is great too, its like an old school V for today!

Shame Ash are playing Reading and Leeds the Sat and Sun cus Id have loved them added to the bill.

The mrs has got us in the normal Ibis on a deal I think. Booking it with free cancellation.

I really like the line up,

SFA can be hit and miss depending on how they wanna be on the day, at V2005 they were amazing headlining 4th stage, but when they headlined Godiva before they were god awful, setlist didn't help one bit though.

Never seen Basement Jaxx, The Darkness, Flaming Lips or Ray Davies [although im not sure what his setlist would be, only know of him via The Kinks]

I LOVE Primal Scream and they've always been fantastic all the times I've seen them

We Are Scientists love them to bits

The bulk of the undercard is great too, its like an old school V for today!

Shame Ash are playing Reading and Leeds the Sat and Sun cus Id have loved them added to the bill.

If you've never seen the Flaming Lips live you're in for a treat! Still trying to talk me missus into this for this year. Looking promising(ish).

They had a little acoustic tent last year with Mark Morriss (Bluetones) and John Bramwell (I Am Kloot). Wonder if thats where the Feeder fella will be playing?

They did a Friday night thing as well...can't remember if there was any music on but a bit of the site was open...had a really good laugh so might be worth getting the hotel for the Friday just in case if you can (plus, if you only get Saturday/Sunday and you can't check in early you'll have either get to the site a bit later or check in dead late)

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 4 weeks later...

Flaming Lips setlist from Sound City yesterday, guessing we'll get something like this?

The Abandoned Hospital Ship
Fight Test
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power)
Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung
Psychiatric Explorations of the Fetus With Needles
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
Vein of Stars
Butterfly, How Long It Takes to Die
A Spoonful Weighs a Ton
Encore:
Do You Realize??

Looks pretty nice, happy that Fight Test and Yeah Yeah Yeah are back in the setlist. I'd like to see Race for the Prize as well but still I'm very excited for this!
Edited by Mash011