Best kept secret festival 2015

spudling

It does seem a bit to good to be true as the ticket price without camping is 125 euros ! . We will be taking the Eurostar same as last year.! Has anyone got experience of camping at this festival ? We went last year and stayed in Tilburg and took the shuttle bus every day but we are thinking of camping this time .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought my ticket to BKS about a month ago, but never received a confirmation email or instructions on how or when to print my ticket. Has anyone had similar? I've emailed support twice but had no reply.

Have you tried social media? They're usually very responsive on Twitter and Facebook.

I bought my ticket to BKS about a month ago, but never received a confirmation email or instructions on how or when to print my ticket. Has anyone had similar? I've emailed support twice but had no reply.

My ticket and confirmation came straight away via email. It's possible you may have accidentally typed an incorrect email address? Or that the confirmation was sent but got blocked by your spam filter.

Likewise, your emails to them may have got lost in their spam filter. If that's the case then a message via FB or similar would work better.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there folks, me and my friend are coming to the festival for the first time. If anyone has been here before could you send me on any information about the festival. We've both been to festivals before but knowing no one who's been to BKS makes this one more difficult to plan for us. Any special info we should know would be great: Can we bring our own alcohol into the festival? Is it safe enough for 2 girls? Any items you think are important for us to remember to take with us? Any help is appreciated, especially from a girl who's attendeds perspective! Thanks so much in advance :)

Hi there folks, me and my friend are coming to the festival for the first time. If anyone has been here before could you send me on any information about the festival. We've both been to festivals before but knowing no one who's been to BKS makes this one more difficult to plan for us. Any special info we should know would be great: Can we bring our own alcohol into the festival? Is it safe enough for 2 girls? Any items you think are important for us to remember to take with us? Any help is appreciated, especially from a girl who's attendeds perspective! Thanks so much in advance :)

I'm not a girl, but you shouldn't have any hassle at all. I was there in 2013 and the vibe was very relaxed and laid back. Everyone's there for the music. Only saw one stupidly drunk person all weekend, and he was too busy trying (and failing) to stand up to be a bother to anyone else.

It's quite small scale and a nice location - partly on a beach, partly in the woods. The drinks glasses are returnable and you pay a deposit on them, so you're not wading knee-deep in plastic like many other festivals. In fact, virtually no litter of any kind as they employ an efficient team that go around picking things up almost as soon as they've been dropped - I think they're required to as part of the agreement for being able to use the site. The food is the best I've encountered at a festival too.

From a girl's perspective, you'll probably like the fact that there's running water in the toilets and they flush - it was certainly my wife's favourite thing of the weekend...! Although there are still queues like anywhere else.

As for taking alcohol into the festival site - officially no. You can try smuggling some in, but you risk your bag being searched and having it confiscated just like any other festival. I don't know the rules for the campsite as we didn't camp.

It rained quite a lot on and off in 2013, but it didn't get muddy, so that was never an issue. Long-range forecast for this year could go either way - it's still a bit early to tell.

Edited by Trufflehound

Hi I went last year and am going again this year I agree with Trufflehound Its a very relaxed festival didn't see any really drunk or aggressive people all weekend (and the world cup was on at the time) the beer is petty weak and watery . The food was good loads better than most festivals. Theirs a record shop on site so look out for that as they do signings with some of the bands . Hoping for good weather. last year was perfect Hope you have a great time.

At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice, but you won't see many people in wellies at any festival in Benelux. "Normal" shoes - trainers, sandals, whatever - should suffice. The soil here is quite sandy and drains quickly, so unless there are really severe rainstorms forecast (there aren't in so far as I can tell), it won't get churned up that much. 

Edit: having said that, I was at Pukkelpop during during the 2011 storm, and completely ruined a perfectly good pair of trainers in ankle-deep mud. But that was a once-in-a-lifetime weather event...

Edited by Trufflehound

According to forecasts there's a chance of light showers on the Thursday and maybe late Friday/early Saturday. I'm going take the chance and not bring wellies as they're a bit of a pain to carry. I can't wait and there's quite a few acts I've recently discovered like Badbadnotgood and Follakzoid that I'm definitely going to try and catch. 

How much is a beer on-site?

Can't say exactly. Payment for all food and drink will be with 'virtual cash' loaded up on a chip on your wristband. That way they can charge different prices for different drinks like any normal bar, instead of "one token for everything" regardless of whether you order or beer or a glass of water, like you get at other festivals. Plus there will be several different beers on sale (at one of the bars at least). I guarantee a Jupiler Pils will not cost the same as a Leffe Dubbel, and that a Hoegaarden Witbier will not cost the same as a Goose Island IPA.