Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomtown wasn't just the highlight of my year, last year. It was the highlight of my life. I camped in Downtown and it's just crazy. No words can describe it. I would 100% love to return and the lineup this year, wow. Let's just say- it's doing it for me.

Stephen Marley is exciting enough to warrant (I think) my efests first post of 2015! Along with the outstanding electronica already announced, this year is looking mighty fine!!

Would've liked Chas and Dave on the bill after their forced cancellation last year (or even Toots to make up for cancelling the year before that - is he playing live shows again yet?) but you can't win them all.

Neil - any chance Stephen brings some of his brothers along?

As it might have been my prompting that's got them onto the bill, I'll recommend Babilondon to you all - please make sure you check them out. I saw them last summer at another fest and thought they were very good.

Whether it was me or not that has caused them to get booked, i'm not sure. I recommended them to boomtown, tho it turned out that the booker was playing on the same bill as them later that same week - so he might well have ended up booking them anyway.

Edited by eFestivals

Because Marley Brothers at Glastonbury is one of my favourite festival memories ever! I'm very happy Stephen's playing, though, I'm just being greedy.

yeah, tho at the end of the day it was just a Bob covers band.

Some of the kids (and now, i think, grandkids) have plenty decent careers of their own. Stephen and others have clocked up a few Grammies between them.

'Mind Control' by Stephen is a great album, if you're not familiar with it.

yeah, tho at the end of the day it was just a Bob covers band.

Some of the kids (and now, i think, grandkids) have plenty decent careers of their own. Stephen and others have clocked up a few Grammies between them.

'Mind Control' by Stephen is a great album, if you're not familiar with it.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of the boys' solo stuff, just fancied it as an extra. What are your other recommendations from the line up?

there's a lot on there I don't know, but i'd be happy to stand and see all of those listed below:-

Alborosie & Shengen Clan, Barrington Levy, Black Uhuru, Katchafire, Natty, Gentleman's Dub Club, Mungos Hi Fi feat YT & Charlie P, General Levy, Aba Shanti Soundsystem, Mr Benn live show feat Blackout Ja & Eva Lazarus, Horseman and the Upper Cut Band, Earl Gateshead, Solo Banton, Laid Blak, The Friendly Fire Band, The Undercover Hippy, Babilondon,

Guys i'm going to boomtown to the first time this year, and I will almost be 18 but not quite. I have real ID, how strict will they be if its not me, and do they have names on the tickets. Also are there many police areound or just festival security when trying to get in.

I've not been thru any of the public gates myself, so I don't know anything about ticket/age checking.

But Hampshire police are the hardest police force when it comes to festivals, and they put on the biggest operation of any police force in the country for festivals which happen in their county, as far as I'm aware. That normally includes some big searches at the gates - no9t necessarily for all of the time, but for some of the time. Whether or not you get caught in one is likely to depend on your arrival timing compared to their search operations timings.

From what i could see last year the police were mostly interested in their drug seizure figures. Both times i came through the entrance there were several dogs doing there thing and as soon as a dog showed interest in someone a couple of plain clothed police appeared and led them off for a search.

What is the deal with the amount of alcohol you can take in? I know the official tagline is 'enough for personal consumption, aka 16 cans' but then Reading says the same thing 'enough for personal consumption', and I take in a hell of a lot more than 16 cans to that. First time here though so wanted to double check how strict they are on it. Also we're driving up so could we leave crates in the car if need be and bring them in the following days?

They seemed to take the 16 can rule quite seriously although quite a few people sailed though with no problem. They also say that you can only bring alcohol through when you first enter, although i didn't go out after day one so i don't know how strict they were.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but i spent 5 minutes or so watching the dogs at work before i came back in and they did seem to be mostly only 'interested' in people who were carrying stuff in their trouser pockets or in a low slung bag and not really anyone who may be carrying anything higher up.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but i spent 5 minutes or so watching the dogs at work before i came back in and they did seem to be mostly only 'interested' in people who were carrying stuff in their trouser pockets or in a low slung bag and not really anyone who may be carrying anything higher up.

Off to buy a top hat then? lol

I don't think this is the case, sadly.