Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My excitement for this as something different and manic is keeping nicely apace with my excitement for everything else this year - so looking forwards to a return to that particular madness.

Aright cheers, do they check ID's on everyone/thorougly?

Pretty much. The authorities are fairly heavy on them so checks are done and there'll be 'mystery shopper' type tests to check compliance.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon Campers!!

My first time at Boom this year and I have a couple of questions.

Once you are in the festival, are you allowed to pass in and out? Like at Glastonbury?

The campsites - do you get to choose where you camp? Does anyone have any opinions about which campsites to pitch up in?

Thankies!

Once you are in you can go back to the car, but can't bring in any more booze. You can take your drinks where you like on the site, so it's not like Reading/Leeds where you cant bring your own into the main area.

Where to camp depends on what type of music you prefer as each area has its own genre and atmosphere. It's worth camping where you intend to spend most of your time as there is a mother of a hill involved in the middle of the site from Downtown to Uptown

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Boomtowners! :bye:

Who's up for having the complete pampered experience at Boomtown this year?

Once again we are teaming up with the festival in order to supply you guys the best and most luxurious service around! Loveable loos, steamy showers and delightful dressing tables so you stay fresh all festival long!

How many of you have already booked a ZooLoos Powder Room ticket? We'd love to know!

Anyone got any questions or comments about our services? Let's have a chat

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever bothered with the magic carpet thing? I've never bought any additional extras in my life but my partner doesn't like hills and it might be worth the 20 quid just so she doesn't whinge about the hill between stages all weekend. Is the hill that bad?

The hill is pretty bad, yeah.

Unfortunately the magic carpet only really goes about half way up it, so there's still plenty of effort needed. But the bit it goes up is worthwhile - tho dependent on circumstances.

Cos you're only really likely to go up that hill perhaps twice in a day, unless you intend to be dashing all over the place - and then it depends on how much you feel avoiding the hill is worth to you for the likely-to-be-small number of times you use it.

Ahhh I see. Looking at other reviews of it online I don't think I'll bother. What stages are at the top of the hill? I think we'll mainly be sticking to chinatown and wild west. Obviously we will wander regardless to take it all in though.

Hi, the Liftshare website has some users looking for lifts to Boomtown festival. If you might be able to offer a lift, or are looking for one too, go to www.liftshare.com. Please mention it to any friends who might be interested too!

Ahhh I see. Looking at other reviews of it online I don't think I'll bother. What stages are at the top of the hill? I think we'll mainly be sticking to chinatown and wild west. Obviously we will wander regardless to take it all in though.

Well Chinatown is at the bottom of the hill and wild west is at the top!

The rest of the ravey bits are also at the bottom. Reggae, gypsy, folk, swing and psytrance are at the top

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the efestivals rumour page it's got Less Than Jake confirmed twice, once in Chinatown, and the other in the Town Centre. Does this mean they're doing a double slot over the weekend? Like at Reading when a band plays on the mainstage one day and headlines the Lockup another?

yes it does

Pahh. Just got a message back from the boomtown fb page and they said that they won't be playing twice. They merely pick bands that represent the different districts and put them on the main stage. Ah well, I've seen them once this year already, one more time will be enough I suppose.

Can anyone tell me what it's like getting off the site on Monday by the shuttlebus? I want to book my train ticket from Winchester and want to make sure I leave myself enough time to get to the train station.

How often do the buses run? Do you have a long wait to get on the bus? How long does the bus take given there will be a lot of festival traffic. Ta :pogranichnik:

Not sure on shuttle buses, but I need to get off site around 5am on the Monday morning to catch a flight to Inverness at 7am from Southampton Airport?

Anyone got any local taxi numbers so I can pre-book, or will there be any around at the site entrance/pick up point?

Don't fancy taking the van to this one then Paul?

I'd love to, but am up in Inverness working at Belladrum the week before and finish there the Tuesday.

Plan is to leave the van up Inverness Airport, fly down the Wednesday to Southampton and go to Boomtown.

Then I need to fly back to Inverness the Monday morning, as I start work at Groove Festival the Monday night!

So taking the van isn't really an option, as it's about a 10hr drive minimum each way (and the fuel costs would be more than a flight)

Edited by Paul ™