Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow!

Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello Fishbone, The Beat, Dub Pistols, Slamboree, Matisyahu, Katchafire, The John Butler Trio, Amadou & Mariam, Dreadzone, Transglobal Underground, Songhoy Blues, Ibibio Sound Machine, Infected Mushroom, Capdown, King Prawn, The Mahones, and The Interrupters.

wow!

Flogging Molly, Gogol Bordello Fishbone, The Beat, Dub Pistols, Slamboree, Matisyahu, Katchafire, The John Butler Trio, Amadou & Mariam, Dreadzone, Transglobal Underground, Songhoy Blues, Ibibio Sound Machine, Infected Mushroom, Capdown, King Prawn, The Mahones, and The Interrupters.

Wow indeed! They've really smashed it out of the ballpark in terms of hitting their market (assuming the reggae additions are up to scratch...)

I'd say those Tier 2 tickets will fly out now.

Edited by chimera88

not enough reggae, and what there is isn't getting me excited much. :(

I'm with Neil, Gogal Bordello, Flogging molly etc are always great live, but not alot of old school/classic/roots (or whatever you want to call it) Reggae that excites me yet.

Even Black Uhuru didn't smash it for me last time i saw them at One Love a couple of years ago,

Even Black Uhuru didn't smash it for me last time i saw them at One Love a couple of years ago,

oooh, you were there too? Do I know you?

I love Black Uhuru, but today's touring version is a bit of a joke. One original member (Duckie Simpson), and he's only on stage for three songs. If i'm at Boomtown I'm sure i'll be down the front all the same, but there's acts who could get me more excited.

oooh, you were there too? Do I know you?

I love Black Uhuru, but today's touring version is a bit of a joke. One original member (Duckie Simpson), and he's only on stage for three songs. If i'm at Boomtown I'm sure i'll be down the front all the same, but there's acts who could get me more excited.

We've not had the pleasure Neil, I was meaning to go to the efests meetup at Boomtown last year, but didn't get there in time.

I think i was a bit dissapointed with Black Uhuru at One Love as i hadn't seen them since the early 80s (Although that was as Rolling Stones support at Wembley!) Red is one of my favorite albums and for some reason i just assumed that they would be playing things like Youth of Englington and Carbine.

But like you, if i'm there i will be skanking away near the front, enjoying the moment.

One act I managed to see in Brighton last year after waiting nearly 35 years from buying Blackheart Man as 17 year old was Bunny Wailer and he certainly didn't disapoint. Now thats a booking that would make me buy a ticket right away.

We've not had the pleasure Neil, I was meaning to go to the efests meetup at Boomtown last year, but didn't get there in time.

I think i was a bit dissapointed with Black Uhuru at One Love as i hadn't seen them since the early 80s (Although that was as Rolling Stones support at Wembley!) Red is one of my favorite albums and for some reason i just assumed that they would be playing things like Youth of Englington and Carbine.

But like you, if i'm there i will be skanking away near the front, enjoying the moment.

One act I managed to see in Brighton last year after waiting nearly 35 years from buying Blackheart Man as 17 year old was Bunny Wailer and he certainly didn't disapoint. Now thats a booking that would make me buy a ticket right away.

they played 'Youth of Eglington', didn't they? Or was it the other one of theirs (same album, I think) that sounds mightily similar? Most of what they played (and perhaps everything, I forget) was familiar to me.

Bunny is one of the few that's still kicking that I've not yet seen, damn you. :P

Mind you, i'm off to see Steel Pulse do Handsworth in 2 months, and i don't think it'll get much better than that. :D

Except perhaps Kevin Isaacs doing Night Nurse. "There's a patient by the name of Gregory Kevin" is an aural delight that i think everyone should experience. :lol:

(No offence meant to Kevin, he was actually pretty good!).

No, definitely didn't play 'Eglington', although that was rectified in one of the tents by one of the DJs a few minutes after the end of the set.

Bunny was superb - right by the beach at Concord 2 on the hottest day of the year last summer. But Steel Pulse doing Handsworth Revolution should be brilliant.

I'll have to check out Kevin Isaacs as i have not really heard him. I did manage to see Gregory back in the early 90s and he was good, but unfortuantly that voice had seen better days by then.

Steel Pulse doing Handsworth Revolution should be brilliant.

London Ska Festival, 4th April.

(I think it's at The Forum, tho I'm n0ot 100% sure).

I'll have to check out Kevin Isaacs as i have not really heard him. I did manage to see Gregory back in the early 90s and he was good, but unfortuantly that voice had seen better days by then.

Kevin is obviously Gregory's kid, and does a reasonable job of trying to be his dad. Who I got to see in his prime, at Sunsplash at Selhurst Park in the mid-80s. :D

Thats a smashing line up! (Think it might be the first time I've looked at the line and thought yeah!).

I really want to try it out from what people saybut I'm not sure if its my sort of thing or not .

I like all the art and stuff of the SE corner at Glastonbury which its often compared to....but sometimes late on, the atmosphere isn't really for me. (I think it might be, I don't do drugs besides alcohol :P).

London Ska Festival, 4th April.

(I think it's at The Forum, tho I'm n0ot 100% sure).

Kevin is obviously Gregory's kid, and does a reasonable job of trying to be his dad. Who I got to see in his prime, at Sunsplash at Selhurst Park in the mid-80s. :D

Hey, that might make a nice Easter treat - Sat 4th at the Forum or Sun 5th at Brighton Concorde

Thats a smashing line up! (Think it might be the first time I've looked at the line and thought yeah!).

I really want to try it out from what people saybut I'm not sure if its my sort of thing or not .

I like all the art and stuff of the SE corner at Glastonbury which its often compared to....but sometimes late on, the atmosphere isn't really for me. (I think it might be, I don't do drugs besides alcohol :P).

Do it - you don't seem so retiring as to not enjoy it, the atmosphere is very different to the SE corner although they try and do a similar thing the SE corner has the whole of Glastonbury trying to cram into it and is too crowded. Boomtown is much less populous and has a much MUCH larger array of stages and distractions. I tried to go on several nighttime wanders that never made it a fifth of the way around before getting terminally distracted dancing

I thought it seemed remarkably free of the aggro pillheads from the dance field, much more smiley party than gurning mess - though there was definitely some gurning going on

another big line-up addition:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150210i.shtml

Caravan Palace, Deluxe, Bart and Baker, Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, Professor Elemental, Dutty Moonshine, Brass Funkeys, Trans-Siberian March Band, Smerins Anti-Social Club, Elle & The Pocket Belles, Big Swing Sound System, The Underscore Orkestra, Formidable Vegetable Soundsystem, Mad Apple Circus, Alex Blood & The Diggers, Lounge Cat Ideals, and Captain Flatcap!

so do I shoot for England or go to this?

another big line-up addition:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150210i.shtml

Caravan Palace, Deluxe, Bart and Baker, Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer, Professor Elemental, Dutty Moonshine, Brass Funkeys, Trans-Siberian March Band, Smerins Anti-Social Club, Elle & The Pocket Belles, Big Swing Sound System, The Underscore Orkestra, Formidable Vegetable Soundsystem, Mad Apple Circus, Alex Blood & The Diggers, Lounge Cat Ideals, and Captain Flatcap!

so do I shoot for England or go to this?

Go to this and shoot the boomtown citizens instead!

Wild West announced:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/150224p.shtml

crackin' line-up Pronghorn, The Boot Hill All Stars, The Skimmity Hitchers, Beans on Toast, Deferred Sucess, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, Moulettes, Mad Dog Mcrea, RSVP, John Fairhurst, Cash Converted, Railroad Bill, Crazy Arm, Funke and the Two Tone Baby, Quinns Quinney, The White City Shakers, The United Stoats of America, Ned Dylan - that's a great selection of festival entertainment right there.

Edited by 5co77ie