Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

Very. They search for bottles and opened ones will be emptied over fears of people dissolving ket in water.

Watched someone try and down a bottle of that bison grass vodka - nasty

Well that's shitty, is there any way of getting round it?

Also it says they have sniffer dogs at the gates at all times as well, how do people smuggle in their stash?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cling film to the max, stash it deep and 'act casual'. I've never had a problem but cake my pants every time.

Alcohol I stick to spirits and decant into 500cl water bottles and stash it deep in the rucksack.

They don't search everyone, not properly anyway...

And don't pet the doggie.

Anyone going for Boomtique this year? I am and haven't received an email or ticket or owt yet, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I've emailed them a couple of times but no response as of yet. 

Yes we are. We've booked a tipi, and to be honest are very disappointed with it all. It said we got 8 airbeds included. But they have since emailed us saying now we're only getting 2 provided. And they won't reply to emails anymore! all very disconcerting and a bit of a bad experience! Don't have our wristbands either. We have printed our tickets, but assume we get everything else upon arrival?!

Does anybody know if the boomtique village is more secure and safe form tent robberies?

Does anybody know if the boomtique village is more secure and safe form tent robberies?

It is in as much as it's fenced and there's a guard on the gate checking wristbands, but it's just a campsite - always play safe and don't leave stuff visible or too tidy/bagged as it only takes one chancer to spoil your holiday

They don't send wristbands out at all AFAIK. Shame about the airbed situation though - at least they're not too dear and easily reusable for other festivals

How many people are going solo? And when I get to Boomtown what's the easiest way to find people?

There seem to be a few of us going solo as well as some small groups. The general idea is to camp in Old Town... and that's about as far as we have got so far.

Like this

festivals_campsite_boomtown.jpg

right sorta place? bit back so it's calmer?

Looks a good location to me, do you have a flag you can stab in the ground? If not I may be able to get my hands on the Camp (Han) Solo flag we used at Glastonbury, although I will have to find out what condition it is in and where it has got to.

Edited by tjamest

Looks a good location to me, do you have a flag you can stab in the ground? If not I may be able to get my hands on the Camp (Han) Solo flag we used at Glastonbury, although I will have to find out what condition it is in and where it has got to.

Crap, i updated the map to shinier as you quoted me lol quick hide the unpretties

I have a flagpole seeing what I can do for a flag, have a spare blank tho can do things.

Hi all, visiting boomtown for the first time this year and possibly looking at purchasing a ticket via scarlet mist, any info on whether or not tickets are transferable? The one on there was purchased by a female, so don't want to hit any bother with it if I do purchase. Thanks

Going to Boomtown for the first time this year and I'm really torn between where to camp. I'm used to doing festivals in a pretty large group but it's only a me and a friend that managed to get Boomtown off. I've done Secret Garden Party the last few times and Boomtown looks to be a similar atmosphere. I'm debating camping Downtown for Surgeon and Truss but there's really not to much else there I'm that keen on. The other option is Barrio Loco which seems to have quite a lot of act's I'd happily see, bear in mind that the only reason I really brought a ticket was for Surgeon/Truss Which is all District 5.

What are the walking distances like and is one campsite safer than the other? Loud messy campsites aren't a problem, we'll both be getting stuck in.

Hi, I have a question regarding whether I can bring a small camping stove with me. The website says:

"If you have a small camping stove with you, please make sure you use this in outside areas only. When changing gas cylinders, ensure gas tap is in the ‘off’ position, otherwise the gas will ignite when the cylinder is pierced and you could get badly burned."

But their most recent email says:

"Please don't have any open flames, campfires, stoves or BBQs anywhere on site."

I've already purchased all my festival food and can't really afford to eat vendor food all weekend. so if my camping stove gets confiscated at the gate I'm going to be kinda screwed :/
Edited by roganjosh

Heh, my post probably sounded like I thought you were an official source because I was lazy and just copied the body of the email I sent to the Boomtown contact address (fixed it a bit now ;) ). Posted it here too because I'm not expecting a prompt response there! ;)

Yeah, was just hoping some people who'd been before would know for sure whether that had been a thing in the past or not really. Cheers! :)

Edited by roganjosh

Heya guys,

Kind of found out last minute that I'm going to be camping solo this year.
I'm new to the forums but it would be cool to meet some friendly faces, make some friends on Thursday and join some other solo campers in Old Town camping :). I'm mostly looking forward to dub & gypsy music but like most stuff

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Good to have you on board. We are a very loose group at the moment in that although a few of us have suggested creating a camp and Frosty has kindly offered to plant a flag a place of our choosing early on so we have a somewhere to aim at, that's about as far as we have got.

As it is only a week or so away I guess we need a bit more organisation and work out approximately how many of us (solo or non solo) want to have our own friendly,little camp otherwise I can see it fizzling out and us all going our separate ways when we arrive.

Edited by tjamest

welcome aboard, the more the merrier :D

bt_efests_flag.jpg

One scrappy piratey flag.

IIRC we're not allowed to erect (!) anything in the public areas until midday Thursday so if people are in quickly might still be around but also things to do/places to go/see if they actually managed to finish etc very exciting

Thanks mate :) and nice flag!
Yea, my coach will be getting in 2PM Thursday and I'm game to help out.
How do you guys normally organise camps?
Might be best to exchange mobiles for the day and work out when people are arriving?

I camped in Trenchtown, on the hill by the magic carpet last year in a bed of nettles after we got moved from our first spot

Hoping for better luck this year :D