Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking either Wild West as it is close to the entrance and may be slightly quieter or Oldtown as most of the stuff for me is going to be Uptown rather than Downtown.

I suppose if we are thinking of an actual efests camp then we better make a decision reasonably soon as its only 3 weeks away.

Edited by tjamest

I'm a girl going alone (none of my friends like the same music as me) does anyone have any tips for going to Boomtown alone for the first time??

I've been to other festivals quite a few times but have never been to Boomtown and have never been to a festival on my own!

Specifically looking for advice on:
-Safety given I'll be alone
- Where to get some of the good stuff without getting caught out by police/dogs
-Making friends who will watch out for me
-where to camp (i will be in trenchtown mostly)

Thank you!

If you've done festivals before there's nothing new to worry about with BoomTown really - get a locker in advance (hilltop/uptown if you're camping up there) and get your money/preciouses in there asap though as first night tent robberies are not uncommon

I couldn't answer about the second, it's a very friendly place I'm sure you'll have no problems if you ask around with all the usual still illegal caveats

Friends not an issue - get talking to neighbours in the queue and go from there. It's a young friendly festival - I went alone last year came back with a whole slew of new friends I'm seeing again there and I'm an old bugger

You could camp up with some of this efests bunch who are talking about camping together or new friends whatever - Trenchtown is the other end of the uptown area but it's not exactly miles anywhere.

Come to the meet and tell us how it goes :D

Camped in Trenchtown , just in from the gate, the last couple of years and we were very happy but had decided to go a bit further in this year. As they have changed the districts and their areas a bit this year, we think we're heading for Mayfair to be halfway on the hill but we're clearer on where we want to be than what it's called.

For those worrying about flying solo at BTF, it's a very friendly festival although few people will be sober by late afternoon each day. I've met people and made friends easily - the camping area just inside the gates (that was Trenchtown) seemed full of people wanting to be sociable.

Hi guys,

So I bought a boomtown ticket to go with a guy I unfortunately no longer want to go with.

I'm from Middlesbrough and would be getting the coach from Darlington.

Was hoping to meet friends I could camp and see things with etc :)

Would anyone adopt a small hippie please?

Charis

I'm a girl going alone (none of my friends like the same music as me) does anyone have any tips for going to Boomtown alone for the first time??

I've been to other festivals quite a few times but have never been to Boomtown and have never been to a festival on my own!

Specifically looking for advice on:

-Safety given I'll be alone

- Where to get some of the good stuff without getting caught out by police/dogs

-Making friends who will watch out for me

-where to camp (i will be in trenchtown mostly)

Thank you!

Hi, I too am a girl going on my own, would be lovely to camp with you! :)

Charis

Indeed and if there's a consensus on where to camp you should all be able to meet up and camp together so there's some familiar and experienced faces around

I'll be there from the Monday before so can stick a flag in somewhere if y'all can decide on where so it's there from the first public arrivals

There has been a lot of interest in an efest/solo camp over the last few weeks without it going any further.

mjcolbert and I have both decided on Old Town as the camping spot for us and unless anyone objects lets all agree to go for that location otherwise it just won't happen.

Great idea from Frosty to plant a flag for us to aim at.

Who wants free showers, secure camping, free meals, access to crew bar/foods, new charitable minded friends and a basically free festival?

We need two more volunteers still - it's easy work scanning wristbands in/out of the non-public gates, 3x8hr shifts over 10th-17th August (you don't have to be available for all of the before-festival)

If you've already bought a ticket it can be 'converted' into a deposit IIRC

Excellent choice for a solo camper who's adrift, it's what I did last year and I was jumping at the chance to sign up for this year so can't be too bad.

If so email ian@hiow-airambulance.org.uk (not me, another ian)

Efest camp: Just describe to me where you want it and sure I can work something out, got a spare flagpole, if I get bored enough I might try and make an efest raver pirate flag

My mate worked it last year, I know they didn't have the best luck with the weather, but he said that a lorry slid down some hill because of the mud and took out a few tents that were camped on the edges. Luckily no one was in them, but just a warning to not settle for camping on the edge of a road, it's bad enough with foot traffic, let alone runaway lorries

I was working that shift when the lorry got stuck on the hill. Wasn't one of the ones called over to help evacuate the tents, but don't remember any tents getting flattened from what I heard. Could be wrong, it was a year ago. It shouldn't have been on that hill in the first place though

Density though is their trick - there's 100+ stages in that and roughly 48 hours of festival 'go' time so even at 1/2hr a place with teleporting between and no distractions you couldn't see it all

Took me half an hour just to recompose myself after watching Bearded Kitten getting their crowd to scream "I WANNA GET HIGH!!!" as the contestant got four snorts of poppers before being spun around and *trying* to backflip over a hurdle into a paddling pool. I emphasise trying!

On the site it says you can only take in 16 cans of lager.. how strict are they on this?

Very. They search for bottles and opened ones will be emptied over fears of people dissolving ket in water.

Watched someone try and down a bottle of that bison grass vodka - nasty