Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what happens when i'm not busy enough - suggested quiet camping and routes from two gates, and bad apple bar location

edit> removed as updated

can easily move stuff around and trash this one, takes moments

Edited by frostypaw

This time in 4 weeks!

We had a great day yesterday, we saw Staus Quo at Newmarket. The crowd was so well behaved, there was so much space. We kept saying stuff like "I bet Bomtown is just like this" and laughing. We played Gogol Bordello on the way home and laughed some more. I can't wait

11173359_10155841715855424_7385040387480

Our group needs more volunteers for BoomTown

Three 8hr shifts of easy wristband scanning people in/out - no overnight shifts - in exchange free festival, meal ticket per shift, secure campsite with showers and cleaned toilets, access to staff bar and canteen and a few other perks (phone charging etc)

You don't have to be free for the whole period, just email with your availability ian@hiow-airambulance.org.uk

They release some bits but it's mostly pay for a program on arrival, they have sellers as you enter the festival. But last year's was only a fiver and a lovely bit of work, not a con at all, dunno why they don't absorb it into the ticket price tbh noone would notice and everyone would be glad

There's a map if you scroll up a bit - the camping is right next to everything, it's an all-in-one festival like Glastonbury. No arena/campsite separation much better

I've never camped over there so couldn't tell you really, but it's all pretty close together the challenge is more not being distracted than getting places (give or take the hill)

They have changed some of the campsites from last year with Wild West now where Trenchtown camping was, but as far as I can remember from it was about 15 minutes from the Town centre stage.

The site is not massive compared to some, but there is a mother of a hill between Downtown (Barrio Loco, Chinatown etc) and Uptown (Wild West, Old Town etc)

To be fair, I used to enjoy Reading around ten years ago. I went last year as my brother got married and they had their 'honeymoon' at the festival so we all went and the festival itself was dire. I only heard about Boomtown early this year and it looks so different it's unreal. My favourite part of a festival is being away from the world for 5 days and so the immersive experience of Boomtown sounds spot on to me. I shall be sure to post on here afterwards and compare though.

My mate worked it last year, I know they didn't have the best luck with the weather, but he said that a lorry slid down some hill because of the mud and took out a few tents that were camped on the edges. Luckily no one was in them, but just a warning to not settle for camping on the edge of a road, it's bad enough with foot traffic, let alone runaway lorries

I'm literally going to see bands I know I like and a couple of DJ's that I know I like. Apart from that I'll wander around aimlessly and get sucked into whatever venue is near me. Otherwise I can imagine I'd be running around all weekend trying to desperately see everything and end up missing it all.

Exactly that. If you start digging it gets silly - I've been stuck in looking through and ended up with 40 things I'd kinda like to see, including a bunch of must-sees

I'll probably just do the latter and meander in the direction of the others. Last year I went downtown on friday after the r**n and had a meander before heading back up as that night they had massive sound problems down there in the wet with arcadia. Never made it back at night! Too much else to do