Boomtown Festival 2015

Paul ™

Hey guys... I'm seriously considering going boomtown alone this year, can't find a single person to go with but there's no way I'm missing out! Hoping the vibes are sick enough that it'll be easy to meet new people to chill with... You guys think I'll still have fun or im totally crazy? Haha!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know of any of the smaller systems playing house?

Not my bag - I'm fecking ecstatic about the line-up as usual, but we have one crew member who's a bit concerned the music's not for her. She's coming anyway, but would be nice to find something bland & cheesy for her to shuffle to...

Hi there,

I have a ticket for Boomtown for sale, I can't go due to lack of funds :( The ticket cost me €240 (around £171) so I am willing to sell it for €200 or £140. I can do the sale through ebay or gumtree. If anyone knows anyone looking for a cheap ticket please get in touch. I haven't put it up for sale online yet as I thought I'd try the forums first. My email is keane_tanya@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks,

Tanya

So as have moved to the UK from Luxembourg im thinking of making Boomtown my first UK festival - can anyone let me know how easy to get recreational stuff into the festival and camping as very relaxed in Europe. 

Hampshire police are one of the strictest so expect quite a few sniffer dogs when you enter the site. once in it's all pretty relaxed

Hi All, So after suffering crushing Glasto Blues (was my first Glasto this year). I was eagerly looking for something to fill the void... So we spontaneously booked boomtown yesterday and are now hugely looking forward to it!

Lately i've really been getting into the gypsy folk, electro-swing, dub reggae sort of music. Stuff you can really have a good time and dance to...

Two of the bands i most enjoyed at Glasto this year, are actually playing at Boomtown. That's Mungo's hifi & The White City Shakers.

I literally know about 5% of the boomtown lineup, so my question is, can anybody reccomend some absolute must-see's for a reall upbeat dancing abouyt like maniacs type of vybe? :)

Cheers!

Hi All, So after suffering crushing Glasto Blues (was my first Glasto this year). I was eagerly looking for something to fill the void... So we spontaneously booked boomtown yesterday and are now hugely looking forward to it!

Lately i've really been getting into the gypsy folk, electro-swing, dub reggae sort of music. Stuff you can really have a good time and dance to...

Two of the bands i most enjoyed at Glasto this year, are actually playing at Boomtown. That's Mungo's hifi & The White City Shakers.

I literally know about 5% of the boomtown lineup, so my question is, can anybody reccomend some absolute must-see's for a reall upbeat dancing abouyt like maniacs type of vybe? :)

Cheers!

My advice is enjoy not being on a schedule, explore the festival and see where you want to be. The venues are so brilliant, you'll want to see them all. That said, every recommendation Neil's ever given me for Boomtown has been excellent so go back through the thread and see what he's posted about. Oh, and Squarepusher on that new Bang Hai Palace stage could be really amazing!

All very exciting now - not long to go at all!

I dunno if there's an efests camp - but if you start a thread for other solo campers you should be able to form a little group. There were a bunch of efests folk there last year including some of the younger members so if that includes you I wouldn't panic about being the kid of the group - just saying cos it's been noticed it's a younger festival.

We did a little meet on the thursday evening at the Bad Apple Bar, seems no reason why not to this time

As to the person whose friend says she needs to find 'house' - if she can do a full circuit of the festival without having to stop to dance I'd be stunned. Genuinely stunned. Mayfair had lots of bursts of stuff that threatened to be house then got much more interesting, got quite stuck there for hours

Should be there from well before gates so I'll post some updates, but not got my work details yet. I assume like last year it'll be slathered in "no photos! don't spoil the magic!" posters, I will comply

All very exciting...

Should be there from well before gates so I'll post some updates, but not got my work details yet. I assume like last year it'll be slathered in "no photos! don't spoil the magic!" posters, I will comply

I am getting very excited now about my first boomtown. Although after years of hearing about how messy/mad it all is I'm a little apprehensive. Got to give it a go though, eh?

I've just been looking at the map, can anyone tell me how large the site is compared to SGP? Where abouts is the big hill? Any tips/other info gratefully received :-)

http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/public-map-2015-291

I am getting very excited now about my first boomtown. Although after years of hearing about how messy/mad it all is I'm a little apprehensive. Got to give it a go though, eh?

I've just been looking at the map, can anyone tell me how large the site is compared to SGP? Where abouts is the big hill? Any tips/other info gratefully received :-)

http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/public-map-2015-291

Whoa that's some massive changes right there! That whole psyforest area was completely offlimits last year, the Lion's Den has moved right to the other end of UpTown, Chinatown has shifted forwards displacing the confused bit of DownTown and leaving some huge clearing - I assume for BangHai Palace bridging that and Dstrkt 5

OOoooh it's exciting.

Don't be afraid, it's one of the friendliest places I've ever been. There are dodgy types but they tend to stand out in the party atmosphere.

Practise good tent security - no grouping of valuables, messy as hell tent, empty bags before you go to sleep - and talk to your neighbours, usual stuff really. Practise your cider drinking, then practise it some more

A couple of questions to those who have attended the event before, which don't appear to have been covered here or on the website:

Firstly, due to the alcohol limitations I'll likely find myself having to rely on the on-site bars a little more than just for the one or two cold pints per day I'd normally consume at Glastonbury.  What sort of selection of cider is available on site and what's the typical cost of a pint?

How does the variety and selection of food on site compare to that offered at Glastonbury?  And how does the pricing compare?

I assume the answer is no but are there any additional security checking points separating the stage areas from campsites, or is it much like Glastonbury in the sense that once you're in the main gates that's it?

A couple of questions to those who have attended the event before, which don't appear to have been covered here or on the website:

Firstly, due to the alcohol limitations I'll likely find myself having to rely on the on-site bars a little more than just for the one or two cold pints per day I'd normally consume at Glastonbury.  What sort of selection of cider is available on site and what's the typical cost of a pint?

How does the variety and selection of food on site compare to that offered at Glastonbury?  And how does the pricing compare?

I assume the answer is no but are there any additional security checking points separating the stage areas from campsites, or is it much like Glastonbury in the sense that once you're in the main gates that's it?

I can't answer your cider question as I don't drink cider.

There's a decent selection of food stalls, tho far fewer. It's probably not helped by Boomtown's clientelle being youngers and skinter and not really ... erm ... in the mood for much food. Perhaps expect to pay a quid over Glasto prices too.

It's like Glasto - one big space inside the fence.

I can't answer your cider question as I don't drink cider.

There's a decent selection of food stalls, tho far fewer. It's probably not helped by Boomtown's clientelle being youngers and skinter and not really ... erm ... in the mood for much food. Perhaps expect to pay a quid over Glasto prices too.

It's like Glasto - one big space inside the fence.

Much appreciated, Neil.  I'm becoming more and more tempted to pick up a ticket.  The thought of waiting until Glastonbury next year for another festival experience is seeming far too grim!

Much appreciated, Neil.  I'm becoming more and more tempted to pick up a ticket.  The thought of waiting until Glastonbury next year for another festival experience is seeming far too grim!

That's the exact reason I'm attending. And because I love reggae.