Exactly what Glastonbury needs

Mardy

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/01/exclusive-skrillex-and-grateful-deads-mickey-hart-team-for-epic-bonnaroo-superjam-watch/

"Of all the experiences you can have at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, there’s one tradition that simply cannot be missed. Every year, the SuperJam brings together various artists from all walks of life and various genre onto one stage for a jam session chock-full of once-in-a-lifetime surprises. Last year, EDM heavyweight Skrillex led the collaborative extravaganza, bringing along acts like Big Gigantic, Thundercat, Warpaint, Robby Krieger of The Doors, Ms. Lauryn Hill, and more to deliver a jaw-dropping performance that defied all expectations"

Now, I know I get grief on here as a troll, but really, this or James or the Charlatans. Honestly? Can we not raise our game, eh? Dream a bit.

Would be ace. Sadly, I can't see it happening.

Think if it had started 10 - 15 years ago then maybe, but I think the time has passed. They wouldn't take the risk.

Don't think anyone thinks you're a troll. A groomer, but not a troll

between you and me, I've really had to bite my tongue (or whatever the keyboard/finger equivalent is), recently on here, was in danger of just ranting about how dreadful everything was. But am going through a 'fucking hell, there's a shedload of amazing music out there' phase.

In fact, tempted to go and buy a new amplifier this afternoon

(btw props to Wooderson for the heads up on this)

Last time Glasto did something like this was Africa Express and it was a big success. Don't think Glasters has the guts to do this. The film with Skrillex and Mickey Hart is great fun. Awful pity with the resources on Worthy Farm that these kinda unique punts aren't taken.

I'd be interested to see something like this and West holts or the park would seem good places to do it..

At JazzFest in the US they seem to often close the last day with a local musician, like trombone shorty, who is accompanied by various guests from the line up - that could work with a glasto legend doing something different from their more pyramid headliner type stuff... not a million miles from Africa express which, as was said, was successful.

Last time Glasto did something like this was Africa Express and it was a big success. Don't think Glasters has the guts to do this. The film with Skrillex and Mickey Hart is great fun. Awful pity with the resources on Worthy Farm that these kinda unique punts aren't taken.

Yeah, I'd really hoped that The Park Stage would be something a bit different, with the likes of Africa Express and the (actually secret) secret sets. They never did a stage takeover like Africa Express again and the word getting out about the big names put paid to the secret sets. Musically it's still a little bolder than the other stages, with the likes of Yoko Ono and the Barry Gray Orchestra, but that's not really anything that couldn't have been put on somewhere else. I still love the stage, but I wish it was a bit more unpredictable, like in 2007/2008 when it started.

But am going through a 'fucking hell, there's a shedload of amazing music out there' phase.

Join us in The Park thread. The rest of the forum is getting a bit funny with the lack of news. At least there's lots of new musicy stuff in there!

Love the idea of a jam, at Deerhunter's ATP we saw an hour of Bradford Cox, Lockett Pundt and half of Tom Tom Club jamming, just on the line up as "TBA". Amazing stuff.

But how many of the artists/bands who play at Glasto hang around for the whole weekend? Surely a lot do a hit and run and off to their next moneymaking. I appreciate there are a few who stay around like Mr Bragg and Bill Bailey and enjoy the rest of the festival vibe.

Id just love to see something high profile but unrehearsed. I wanna see performers tested - and their reaction when they *pass* that test. Albarn's reaction when Snoop freestyled his way through Clint Eastwood as an example.

S'why I refer back to that Gorillaz show repeatedly on here. It was a one-off folks. Lou Reed? You kidding me???

Id just love to see something high profile but unrehearsed. I wanna see performers tested - and their reaction when they *pass* that test. Albarn's reaction when Snoop freestyled his way through Clint Eastwood as an example.

S'why I refer back to that Gorillaz show repeatedly on here. It was a one-off folks. Lou Reed? You kidding me???

er, Snoop sang 2 verses of "Drop It Like It's Hot" with the odd word changed to "Glastonbury". there was nothing unrehearsed or freestyled about it.