Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warehouse-like inside (it is a converted warehouse I believe) with decent sound and strangely placed bars (in the crowd almost - good for getting a beer without having to navigate far) but the outside area is lovely. Like a big dome/tent chillout area which is really cool. Small venue (800-1000) so Hot Chip will absolutely destroy it.

This Live is what I'm amped up for. Hot Chip broke my fuckin' legs.

First time i'd got aound to listening to that... It bodes very well indeed for the album. Always nice when you hear a lead single which will add to an already strong touring setlist...

I'm in that audience, Fully Looning Out.

Great video, such an exceptional live band, real once in a generation type shit. I would imagine Sarah Jones will be playing with them, she drummed for Alexis' solo shows last year IIRC, and I think her Twitter bio has her as a full-time member of Hot Chip.

Great video, such an exceptional live band, real once in a generation type shit. I would imagine Sarah Jones will be playing with them, she drummed for Alexis' solo shows last year IIRC, and I think her Twitter bio has her as a full-time member of Hot Chip.

I give you the Exceptionally good Sarah Jones - Coolest girl in Hoxton tonight,

( those little fills right at the end, are astonishing )

Edited by bamber

Me too. For the first albums I could prefer either 2 Bears or New Build depending on my mood, but for the 2nd albums, 2 Bears pulled far ahead.

Interesting. I didn't get 2 bears 2nd album (i preferred new build's album of the two and liked their 2nd more). Will revisit 2bears at some stage. Guessing they may well be at glastonbury as well in some form.

Interesting. I didn't get 2 bears 2nd album (i preferred new build's album of the two and liked their 2nd more). Will revisit 2bears at some stage. Guessing they may well be at glastonbury as well in some form.

That is interesting. For me that's mainly because I didn't warm to the new New Build album. Must give it another go.