Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

On 24/03/2017 at 5:57 AM, eastynh said:

Was a really good night. There was probably not even 200 people there. It was ace listening to the stripped back and bare songs. I have never been to a gig before where the crowd sat in silence during the songs.

Fair play to Alexis as he must be doing this little tour for love rather than money.

He also played a new and unreleased Hot Chip tune. It sounded like FPI project, which bodes well.

I love that band's work ethic. Their two main songwriters are touring solo material. Their most prominent multi-instrumentalist is in the studio with LCD Soundsystem.  Of course they've got a new song! They've had minutes and minutes of free time!

Edit: and the drummer is releasing solo material. The drummer!

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Pillow person

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 22/03/2017 at 8:31 PM, Brock Landers said:

I think Joe Goddard is actually playing live (as opposed to dj'ing) at some festival close to Glasto so this is very hopeful. He has an album out in a few weeks and the stuff released so far sounds amazing, sample heavy on the vocals, funk / house hybrid. 

In terms of Hot Chip, they've played almost everywhere around the site now. They're definitely big enough to headline West Holts again but barring some monster hits from the next album, Other Stage headliner is probably out of reach. I'd love to see them headline the Park at some point though.

Can you send a link please?

4 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Its on Spotify if you're looking for the Joe Goddard stuff

I had to read the post a few times, but I think he was referring to this bit

"I think Joe Goddard is actually playing live (as opposed to dj'ing) at some festival close to Glasto so this is very hopeful."

Have you got any more details on that festival?

23 hours ago, Bradders said:

Only DJing, surely?

Im not sure, I would assume so but all I saw was the board with the lineup at a crew bar in south east corner saying they had played the previous night around 1am I believe it was

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Edit: and the drummer is releasing solo material. The drummer!

She's the best one, is it being released as Sarah Jones or a different moniker?

I know she had a band called Technology and Teamwork where they had one song and that was aight and that she plays in NZCA lines as well. She's also a busy bee

20 hours ago, Mesuri said:

Im not sure, I would assume so but all I saw was the board with the lineup at a crew bar in south east corner saying they had played the previous night around 1am I believe it was

Maceo's? If so it was indeed a DJ set.