Hot Chip warm up gig Birmingham 20th Feb

hurdy

Shame they got such a small crowd but hardly unexpected given most of the people there probably won't have heard of them. Everything I've seen on the streams apart from Fatboy Slim has looked pretty quiet though.

True, maybe a bit of a shift in the T crowd given the line-ups over the last few years? Although this year is heavy in 'lad-rock' it's appeared to go a bit poppy over the last few years to me. 

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, maybe a bit of a shift in the T crowd given the line-ups over the last few years? Although this year is heavy in 'lad-rock' it's appeared to go a bit poppy over the last few years to me. 

Yep, the crowd has definitely got younger and more EDM orientated since they last played in 2010. Most of the people I know who go do it at the end of their last couple of years at school as that's the thing to do nowadays. It mainly caters for lad-rock and pop music now, so bands like Kraftwerk, My Bloody Valentine, Hot Chip, The War on Drugs etc get quite small crowds.

Only just got round to seeing their set on iplayer, wow what a set. Goosebumps all the way through, never realised how good flutes was live and then followed by over & over  :beach:

Wish i wasn't so off my tits I could remember more of it, dont even recall the dancing in the dark at the end - just seems a blur  :banghead:

First time at Glasto this year (flew over from Aus just for it) and went to see Hot Chip based on recommendations on here. Did not disappoint and still maintain after reflection dancing in the dark was the moment of my festival, incredible.

Australia? I tip my hat to your dedication sir. To be fair I'd have flown 24 hours for that Hot Chip set too.

FFS the full set from glasto has been removed from youtube.

I was half way through watching it yesterday, then this morning it stopped me watching the rest!  Most gutting.  Luckily I was there, and had already seen the full set once.

I was half way through watching it yesterday, then this morning it stopped me watching the rest!  Most gutting.  Luckily I was there, and had already seen the full set once.

Yeah I was there too. One of my favourite sets of the 9 years I've been going to the festival.

May have to see if I can download it from somewhere later on.

I have a download of the set in mp4 which I can upload or dropbox so people can download it -- if anyone wants it, would you prefer a site like 4shared, or dropbox? Or some other cloud storage available to people? I am slightly apprehensive about putting it on youtube.

Will also be getting tickets to the Brixton show in 7 minutes!

Edited by majormajormajor

They've added an extra date at Brixton on October 23rd for anyone interested - tickets go on sale at 10am. The Hot Chip party shall continue!

That's kind of great but a bit annoying as I have Thurs tickets but would prefer Fri. Oh well, might have to go to both!

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

That's kind of great but a bit annoying as I have Thurs tickets but would prefer Fri. Oh well, might have to go to both!

I know what you mean. I remember seeing the Thursday Brixton date a while ago. I asked the hubby if he fancied it and he asked whether we should hold out for a Friday announcement. I said they probably wouldn't add another, given that the first date didn't sell out quickly, so we got tickets for Thursday. I clearly know nothing! Pretty sure I have Rugby World Cup tickets for the 23rd anyway, so it'll be a busy couple of days...

Edited by alibear