Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's disappointing to find out that the set times won't be released in advance.

Anyway the lineup is great, which is the main thing!

I've not seen Dan Deacon live before, however, I'm reliably informed by friends that he is one of the best live acts around. Sounds like a great way to kick off the music.

Some of the acts lower down the bill I'm looking forward to are:

– Rozi Plain (Quiet, laid back pop, she also plays with This Is The Kit)

– Landshapes (Noisey, hazy, psyche-rock)

– Hannah Lou Clark (Sparse, dark, atmospheric)

– Ultimate Painting (lo-fi retro sounding indie)

My must sees:

– Hot Chip

– Goat

– St Vincent

– Father John Misty

I'm lucky enough to have previously seen Hot Chip, Antlers, All We Are, Jane Weaver, Villagers, Leisure Society & Slowdive. These are all excellent live & I would highly recommend them. Generally I try, where possible, to check out bands I haven't seen before but I will definitely be making an exception for Hot Chip. They're one of the best live bands I've seen and their new album is really good!

Others on my radar depending on times / clashes / mood :

– Wave Pictures

– Courtney Barnett

– Sylvan Esso

– This Is The Kit

– BC Camplight

– Steve Gunn

– Hookworms

– Jamie XX

– The Staves

– Viet Cong

– Waxahatchee

Reading this thread through though, it sounds like I need to check out Natalie Prass and Emmy The Great.

Edited by Timberford

GreenMan-ers who nailed Glastonbury; Hot Chip (set of the weekend, magical stuff), Jane Weaver, Songhoy Blues, Father John Misty and the one Courtney Barnett song I caught. Couldn't watch any more Courtney or Goat due to clashes, so hoping to see them both in all their glory at Green Man. It's a bloody mercy that GM is a small site, there's loads I want to see, a mere fraction of acts at Glasto has mashed my feet into oblivion and turned my legs to jelly.

Green Man confirm on Twitter that the day x day will be "in the next week or so" and that no times will be released until the festival.

The most annoying thing about the times is the way it looks on a lanyard. An A4 print of a clashfinder is absolutely perfect and yet festival programmes still fire out military time lists.

The stewards will tell you the quieter spots. Generally best to explore a bit and not to camp near the entrances or the toilets! I camped in general area but near family area and it was fairly quiet. Unlike bigger festivals its ok taking fold up chairs into the arenas. As with all festivals dress for all eventualities but definitely take warm clothes the nights can get cold!