Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time at green man and really enjoyed it. Highlights were Temples, Hookworms, Syd Arthur, Courtney Barnett and loads others. A nice vibe to the festival, really laid back, i even lost my bank card which some kind soul handed in to CND! 

Only criticism was the Chai Wallahs stage timings were all over the place. 3 times we went to that tent to find that an artist wasn't on and nobody really knew when they would be!

Also never seen so many young families at a music festival in my life! I'm still not really for or against it but if it gets to the stage that families are the majority then greenman might isolate people in their 20s. Still strange seeing a 1 year old kid raving to leftfield on his dads shoulders with folk sniffing all sorts right next to them. Bizarre combination.

It's always had a very high family / kiddie count sinc72, although in recent years has attracted a greater number of younger folk. All seem to co-exist fairly peacefully, although I agree that you often see kids in rather inappropriate places.

It sometimes seems like two festivals in one with the families out during the day, sleeping at night, and the yoof doing it the other way around. 

I actually think there are less kids percentage wise than say Shambala. Its just that at Green Man there is stuff for them to do all over the site so they arent coralled out if sight in the kids field.

It was incredibly laid back though and very straight compared to all the other festivals i have been to. I felt embarrassed and out of place smoking at times.