Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

She's playing to 400 in Manchester and that hasn't sold out either, those sort of numbers are pretty big without an album out.

As it stands, it's a very small artist to bother with an exclusive for - I'm guessing they've banked on the record doing well and she may end up 3rd from top on the main stage? Not inconceivable given last year that was Augustines, Sharon Van Etten and Bill Callahan.

Of course, we can also argue the merit of the assumption I made that 3rd down on the main stage is 'high profile'.

More generally, why seek exclusivity for someone to play at 2pm in a tent?

Edit: typos.

Edited by timeforheroes

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hookworms sound great and as a big Fan of Arcade Fire I'm intrigued about Owen Pallett.

Am I right in thinking we have approx a third of the lineup announced already?

You're right to be intrigued, he's an intriguing man.

I think you must be right that this is only about a third of the line-up, due to the sheer number of acts that have caught my eye, I assumed we'd had more than half. If this is only third of the acts I'll be seeing across the weekend, I'm in for a very busy festival.

Yeah there were about 90 acts on the three main music stages last year so it's about a 1/3 of those.

There's lots more though on the other stages too. Like the Chai Wallahs tent/bar that has it's own independent line up of 30+ musicians that should announced around May/June!

Edited by Chawk

I saw Goat at Latitude and had a tremendous time. It's true they're not for everybody, but you should be able to tell from their records whether you'll be into the live or not. Even if they're not for you for the who duration, everybody seemed to have a pretty exciting time for the first 20 minutes or so, it felt really intense when it first got going.

How is Green Man compared to Beautiful Days? We've been to BD for the last few years and really enjoy it but the Green Man lineup so far is tempting. How are the audience and general feel of Green Man?

I've not been to Beautiful Days, but Green Man is relaxed and very family friendly during the day with polite crowds and lots of activities; but then has a good night-life too with great DJs and a 24hour license. It's just a great all round festival.

Efestivals did an extensive review of it last year and called it ' practically perfect in every way' :)

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/greenman/2014/review-overview.shtml

Father John Misty's album I Love You, Honeybear is streaming on SubPop's YouTube page. If's fucking awesome

I've listen to some Courtney Barnett as well and she sounds great. They've really knocked it out of the park with this line-up, clashes are going to be utter hell.

just listening to Father John's album and its pretty good, I quite like Courtney Barnetts latest song but her voice is a bit shouty so can't really tolerate any of her other work.

• 2 weeks later...