Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah their routine of recording, releasing, touring and getting sick of each other seems pretty tight so their next album's likely to be 2017. I wonder if they'll get offered all the huge slots they pulled out of.

I'll never understand Depeche Mode. I don't understand why they turn down UK festivals yet headline all the other big European ones. It is as if they are scared of playing at home unless if it is in front of their die hard fans.

There is a part of me that is hoping they will be the rabbit out of the hat in regards to Glasto.

But unfortunately I do not think they will ever get offered headline slots at the major UK festivals again and they only have themselves to blame.

I'll never understand Depeche Mode. I don't understand why they turn down UK festivals yet headline all the other big European ones. It is as if they are scared of playing at home unless if it is in front of their die hard fans.

There is a part of me that is hoping they will be the rabbit out of the hat in regards to Glasto.

But unfortunately I do not think they will ever get offered headline slots at the major UK festivals again and they only have themselves to blame.

theyr're not nearly as big here as they are elsewhere in Europe, and i think they must know that they'd have a hard time winning over a UK festival crowd (especially as a headliner). i know they were heavily rumoured for Glastonbury last year in the beginning, but i just couldn't see it ever happening

i don't think Frank Ocean will headline (the main stage or the Thursday) - think he'll be high up (even maybe sub), but he's not big enough to headline the festival itself but is probably too big for the Thursday slot - he'll be one of the main draws. i doubt they'll want to stick him in a tent on a Thursday.

i don't think Frank Ocean will headline (the main stage or the Thursday) - think he'll be high up (even maybe sub), but he's not big enough to headline the festival itself but is probably too big for the Thursday slot - he'll be one of the main draws. i doubt they'll want to stick him in a tent on a Thursday.

I just can't seem to be able to throw together a lineup, decided i'm definitely going this year! Would like some news soon.

I wouldn't say he's currently bigger than M.I.A or Beck & they headlined the Thursday. Granted the the tent was rammed, but still.

I wouldn't say he's currently bigger than M.I.A or Beck & they headlined the Thursday. Granted the the tent was rammed, but still.

with a new album out i'd say he'd be much bigger than both of those. would be a waste to stick him in a tent when he could easily sub the main for much more people to see

with a new album out i'd say he'd be much bigger than both of those. would be a waste to stick him in a tent when he could easily sub the main for much more people to see

But that depends if the album is out by the time they book him & whether or not they're willing to take a punt with him if it's not.

I'd rather he didn't do the Thursday night, because M.I.A was a nightmare. But it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

The Thursday night tent is always rammed tho. Doesn't matter who you put in, there's not that much going on especially not live music. Feel like Frank would be a waste but I felt the same about Hot Chip and Beck and enjoyed those, so...

The Thursday night tent is always rammed tho. Doesn't matter who you put in, there's not that much going on especially not live music. Feel like Frank would be a waste but I felt the same about Hot Chip and Beck and enjoyed those, so...

True to a point, Beck wasn't anywhere near as rammed as M.I.A though thankfully. I had room towards the back to dance around like an idiot to Beck, where as at M.I.A people were penned in like battery hens.

dentalplan - Both the headliners you mention had fucking enormous crowds at the main stage. No way should they have been confined to the Big Top.

And besides, they try to schedule things so that there are no other major acts on at the same time as the main stage headliners.