BBC Radio 6 Music Festival 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know the deal with the layout to the Sage for the festival? Hall 1 is a seated venue which would be hard to arrange for a festival what with the crowd being fluid and moving between stages. I also expect demand for some acts is going to be bigger than a halls capacity meaning it'll be first come first served.

There on the Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait for it, Tyneside has had a bit of a nightmare in the past with festivals (see BBC Love Parade, HiFi and the Ignition fests). Its great to see something like this go on in my home town.

Hi Helep. Would you be willing to sell your Sunday tickets or just swap?

Thanks

J

Sorry, no can do. I've managed to get a Saturday ticket as well as my Sunday ones now anyway, very pleased with that!!

To people asking about the layout in Hall 1 I know someone who works at Sage and he's told me they're taking all of the seats out of the stalls area for the first time. He's not looking forward to it at all and reckons they might not go back in again properly afterwards! More room for us though :biggrin:

Sorry, no can do. I've managed to get a Saturday ticket as well as my Sunday ones now anyway, very pleased with that!!

To people asking about the layout in Hall 1 I know someone who works at Sage and he's told me they're taking all of the seats out of the stalls area for the first time. He's not looking forward to it at all and reckons they might not go back in again properly afterwards! More room for us though :biggrin:

This is good news indeed. That should bump up the capacity a bit meaning less worry about having to get to halls early for acts.

Just a quick note on here to mention how utterly fantastic the weekends Sage activities were. Fantastic setup and organisation, some brilliant performances and a great atmosphere. Highlight was Django Django for me, though I really enjoyed The Charlatans, took me right back.

It will be the last time they hold it in Tyneside, but it would be great if Sage could explore the possibilities of doing something similar themselves in the future.

If your region gets the gig next year, I'd urge you to go if you can.

Just a quick note on here to mention how utterly fantastic the weekends Sage activities were. Fantastic setup and organisation, some brilliant performances and a great atmosphere. Highlight was Django Django for me, though I really enjoyed The Charlatans, took me right back.

It will be the last time they hold it in Tyneside, but it would be great if Sage could explore the possibilities of doing something similar themselves in the future.

If your region gets the gig next year, I'd urge you to go if you can.

I couldn't agree more!

As unlikely as it is, I am holding on to the hope that Tyneside can become the permanent home for the festival but even if that doesn't happen, it'd be a travesty for The Sage to not investigate other means for putting on events of a similar structure.

There can't be too many venues in the country that have space to host four completely isolated stages within such close proximity, all under one roof and suffering no sound leak between them (with the obvious exception of the sound from concourse stage filling the whole concourse...but it didn't creep into either of the other three halls!). How did no one think of (or, at least, get permission to try) doing this before!?!

What a fantastic weekend.