Farmer Phil's Festival 2015

grumpyhack

Sam Jones recently supported Seth Lakeman, he absolutely blew the crowd away so we've snapped him up for the festival.

Plus Benji Kirkpatrick from Bellowhead will close our second stage on Saturday night!

Our line up is almost complete now...perfect mix of internationally respected musicians, up and coming musicians along with celebrating some of the amazing talent we have on Shropshire!

Have you got your ticket yet?

Have they changed Alevel results day? because both times my kids have picked them up it was the Thursday after Farmer Phils and the day Beautiful days starts.

Its the 13th this year. I work in HE so get them on the Monday before :-( means I can't go to BD either as we're in over both weekends!

Edited by stuwilky

• 2 months later...

Just booked on as a caterer and cannot wait ! Think we may come along early with our little boy and enjoy a few days too ! Yippee !!!!!

Hi Valmorg, I hope you won't be disappointed.  It's a lovely festival. I also plan to get there a day or so beforehand (if Mrs GH gives me time off for good behaviour).  Will look you up and say Hi.  What is your pitch called?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A couple of questions to anyone in the know.

We are coming for the first time this year, camping from the Monday, family of 4 plus dog.

Does anyone have any tips for a good spot to set up camp? We don't mind noise but would like a few hours of peace & quiet at night time so away from any all night action would be good. kids being teenagers though the family camping area might be too quiet?

Within sight but not smelling distance of showers/toilets also a plus. Are any of the camping areas sunnier or flatter than others?

Once the festival starts how easy is it to get in & out of the site by car?

Thanks in advance for any tips, we are very excited to be coming this year & counting the sleeps!

Hi,

A couple of questions to anyone in the know.

We are coming for the first time this year, camping from the Monday, family of 4 plus dog.

Does anyone have any tips for a good spot to set up camp? We don't mind noise but would like a few hours of peace & quiet at night time so away from any all night action would be good. kids being teenagers though the family camping area might be too quiet?

Within sight but not smelling distance of showers/toilets also a plus. Are any of the camping areas sunnier or flatter than others?

Once the festival starts how easy is it to get in & out of the site by car?

Thanks in advance for any tips, we are very excited to be coming this year & counting the sleeps!

It's tiny Seans.  There is one main camping/caravan field on the right as you drive down the site access road.  That is directly below the main festival and arena area.  I've caravanned there and the music isn't too loud.  You could camp at the bottom of the field and it wouldn't be too noisy.  Alternatively there is a quieter camping field on the left as you drive down the access road and it would be quieter there.

It's all pretty flat.  Can't remember about toilets in the camping fields, as that was something I didn't have to worry about in the caravan. There were toilets in the fields but if you are arriving on the Monday you'll have the place pretty much to yourself and will be able to see the layout and choose. There are decent toilets as you enter the arena area.

One possibility is that not all the infrastructure will be functioning on the Monday so be prepared for that.  However, the whole site is so small that nothing is more than a few hundred yards.

And you'll find loads of people bring their dogs and camping chairs.

The access road is pretty narrow so, although you can enter and leave you might meet oncoming vehicles and may have to reverse up for caravans or farm vehicles.

There is also a good pub that serves food - out of the entrance and turn right and about three miles down the road.

I'll be there from the Thursday with a Coachman Amara 520/4 caravan, possibly with an awning - if I can bother to put it up.  Look out for the flagpole with a daffodil windsock, and possibly a "Grumpyhack Lives Here" sign in the window and come and say hello.

Edited by grumpyhack

Thanks for the useful info Grumpyhack, it sounds smaller than we were expecting which is all the better.

We will look out for you and say Hi.

Just seen the weather forecast, looks like a scorcher, hope it's right for a change :

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/7days.asp?zipcode=Shrewsbury&locationID=56877&lat=52.7&lon=-2.8&findtype=

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, so Mrs GH decides, along with her extended family that it would be nice to have a really big family holiday together in a villa (12 of us going).

So she finds this superb villa that ticks all the boxes at a good price in Portugal. However it's not available the two weeks we want at end of July/beginning of August.  So the next available dates are the middle two weeks of August.

Problem.  That's when I go to Farmer Phil's Festival.  I'm tempted to say 'stuff the family holiday' but that wouldn't go down well.

So what has Mrs GH come up with as a compromise?  We fly to Portugal.  I stay for the first four or five days, fly home, go to Farmer Phil's and then fly back for the rest of the holiday. Wonderful compromise on Mrs GH's part! So see you there in 2016.

Edited by grumpyhack

• 5 months later...

We've announced loads of bands on our Facebook page and tickets are selling fast!

im not sure if we can re name this thread...I'll look tonight to see if it's possible. 

Did you know we won an award?? 

http://www.farmerphilsfestival.com/festival-kidz-award/

Friday night headliner will be announced This week - it's all getting very exciting!

10 hours ago, Farmer Phils said:

We've announced loads of bands on our Facebook page and tickets are selling fast!

im not sure if we can re name this thread...I'll look tonight to see if it's possible. 

Did you know we won an award?? 

http://www.farmerphilsfestival.com/festival-kidz-award/

Friday night headliner will be announced This week - it's all getting very exciting!

Email Neil at Efests, I think he can rename it.

• 1 month later...