Radio 1's Big Weekend 2015

Stuart1000

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plymouth Hoe is my prediction as a venue. Cornwall hasn't really had anything from Radio 1 in quite a while. It's also practically as far away from last year's location as they could get.

Performer wise, I'm expecting Royal Blood to be in a very high slot on the second stage and Years and Years to play somewhere. Still not too sure on the dates but Taylor Swift has a week off her US tour at the end of May. A headline slot on the Sunday wouldn't be a big surprise. Maybe Prodigy headlining Saturday?

I know there was a campaign to get it in Newcastle, but I suspect nearish to London this year? Maybe Ipswich area?

There are campaigns every year all over the UK to get it. If someone lives there, there is also a campaign to get it in that place. Seen loads this year and a few of my friends have joined a FB group to get it to Sheffield but quite frankly there is no one to hold it (the place where the Main stage for the intercity festival there is getting too small for that festival).

Also I'd suspect Taylor Swift to headline

Id like it in Birmingham but I doubt it would be. Taylor Swift is probably likely, dont know about Prodigy. If they do what they did last year and have a DJ open the first night I could see that being Calvin Harris or Guetta. If Muse or Foos are free they might be a good shout as a big name.

I'd predict somehwere in the East or the East Midlands seeing as they're the only regions that haven't had it (apart from Yorkshire which is nailed on for 2017)

no obvious sporting event to tie it in with this year either, last year it was pretty much a certainity it would be in Glasgow

would be a bit shit if it were in the North again, it's been in North England/North Wales/Norn Iron/Scotland 9 of the 14 times

Nottingham, as a stab in the dark as where it's gonna be.

Taylor Swift/Foos (Or maybe Muse) to headline. Alt-J, George Ezra, Paloma Faith, Vaccines, Kodaline, Twin Atlantic, You Me At Six, Sam Smith, Mark Ronson amongst others on the main stage.

Prodigy and Royal Blood (Or maybe Florence & the Machine) to headline in the tent, with Chvrches, Catfish, Peace, Wilkinson, Wombats, Hozier, Jessie Ware, Courteeners, Enter Shikari, Jungle, Jamie T and Sub Focus as likley acts to play lower down the tent.