Showers

Harmonic Prospector

First time as a punter this year after years of working at Glasto and I have always been lucky enough to have easy access to showers in the worker areas.

I remember seeing some showers in the camping areas last year but can't remember where. Can anyone shed any light on which camping fields had showers? I'm at the age now where I need one every couple of days at a festival just to feel human again and from what I remember they don't label them on the map.

The solar* showers in Greenpeace are in the back right hand corner as you look at the field. They have a ticket queueing system which means you can turn up, take a ticket, then go and do something else for a bit (get breakfast from the farmers' market maybe) before heading back to have your shower. They provide biodegradable environmentally friendly shower gel etc. as well so you don't have to bring your own.

*I don't know if that means you get a cold shower on cloudy days :(

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

As far as I'm aware, the only showers in/around camping fields are in staff areas, and in the fenced off "cyclists camp site" which is only officially available to those who came by bike.

I'm pretty sure that the places mentioned in the previous replies are the only official options available to everyone.

Always Used the ones in the greenpeace field on a Saturday morning/afternoon. The wait this year was 2 1/2 hrs. Had breakfast, mooched around the healing fields, had a coffee in tiny T's then sat round the giant polar bear until my number was up. A very pleasant, peaceful morning after the he madness of the previous evening and after your hot shower you feel like a new person.

Couldn't recommended highly enough.

Edited by justperfect

I had two showers at one Glastonbury once. They are the only showers that I've had there. Radio1 had put these showers right next to us and nobody was using them (relatively speaking). I must say it felt great to be washed and clean, but I'd never queue up to achieve this, and couldn't go early in the wee hours of the morning for fear the slap stick comedy would eventually make people afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're up at like 7/8 in the morning are queues shorter? Are the showers even open? :P

Think the site ones for general use open at 07:00, and maybe q for an hour ish. That was my mates last experience couple of years ago, for me, can't be bothered to be honest. Wet wipes, environmental soap & bottle of water are quite adequate if there's even a tiny bit of sunshine.

• 3 weeks later...

We love the Greenpeace showers. Pop down there early and grab a ticket, then you can grab some breakfast (usually Fluffy Rock cafe for us, beans on toast and/or an egg bap for very cheap) and have a mooch around that area. Perfect, usually out for an hour and a half/2 hours in the morning before anything starts. Nice relaxing start to the day