line up prediction game 2015

ramragon

Guess it's time to dust off the line up prediction game for 2015, the rules are the usual

Choose 20 bands that you think might play, either big or small it doesn't matter, please don't put on the site regulars as if we included them then everyone's list would be the same ! So no craig charles, hotpots, riot jazz band or Tim burgess ! (Any other site regulars people can think of ?)

You can make changes until the 11.59pm on the day before the first announcement comes out. The date isn't known yet but it will be well publicised and probably pretty soon !

Before the cut off point you can change your 20 as many times as you want, just edit them or repost, it doesn't matter which

Whoever has the most acts at the time the final line up announcement is made will be the winner and the other people entering have to buy them a pint at festival (usually thurlow)

In the event of a draw we'll use who has the most headline acts across the stages to decide then the headline support acts if there's still no winner.

Don't forget it's just for fun

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a hard one this year with it being the 10th year n all, will they be aiming high for the celebrations?

Anyway I'm going for,

Mozza

New Order

Fatboy slim

Ride

Idlewild

Belle and Sebastian

Maximo Park

Jamie T

War on drugs

The Cribs

The Darkness

The Hives

Little Barry

Public service broadcasting

Cast

The Enemy

British sea power

Hatchem social

The Subways

Wild beasts

Edited by johnboy1981

First draft

Alabama shakes

Band of skulls

Ben Howard

Bombay bicycle club

Catfish and the bottle man

Chemical brothers

Chvrches

The courtteeners

Florence and the machine

Friendly fires

George Ezra

Jaguar ma

James bay

Jungle

Kiesza

Paloma faith

Primal scream

SBTRKT

Two door cinema club

The war on drugs

Guess it's time to dust off the line up prediction game for 2015, the rules are the usual

Choose 20 bands that you think might play, either big or small it doesn't matter, please don't put on the site regulars as if we included them then everyone's list would be the same ! So no craig charles, hotpots, riot jazz band or Tim burgess ! (Any other site regulars people can think of ?)

You can make changes until the 11.59pm on the day before the first announcement comes out. The date isn't known yet but it will be well publicised and probably pretty soon !

Before the cut off point you can change your 20 as many times as you want, just edit them or repost, it doesn't matter which

Whoever has the most acts at the time the final line up announcement is made will be the winner and the other people entering have to buy them a pint at festival (usually thurlow)

In the event of a draw we'll use who has the most headline acts across the stages to decide then the headline support acts if there's still no winner.

Don't forget it's just for fun

And a pint ha

First draft

Belle And Sebastian

Chvrches

Chemical Brothers

Years and Years

Inspiral Carpets

Sunshine Underground

Paloma Faith

The Wailers

Starsailor

The Hives

War On Drugs

Banco De Gaia

Dreadzone

Sleaford Mods

John Cooper Clarke

The Tapestry

Cherry Ghost

Fanfarlo

Dilated Peoples

That will do for starters

Some good shouts already. Would love to see Belle&Sebastian, Hot Chip, War on Drugs, Fat Boy Slim but canny see it. Fortunately, I am shite at this prediction stuff so there`s our 4 right there :D

The Prodigy

Franz Ferdinand

Jake Bugg

Sam Smith

Maccabes

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Public Service Broadcasting

Cast

Mark Morris ( Calling Out )

Gaz Coombes

King Charles

Bad Manners

Bombskare

Utah Saints

Big Country

Idlewild

Reef

Alvvays

Earth Wind and Fire

Rita Ora

Thurlow - I`ll see you in the bar to square you up with the pint I`ll owe you :(

Can I have 2 guesses here?

The competitive side of me wants to stick to a line up that I think is very likely but I still wanna put more of a wish list type.effort

I'd buy myself a pint if I won with one and lost the other

Negative :)

I had been waiting on yours as well but my new plan is just to edit mine after your post ;)

Catfish and the Bottlemen must be the nap this year. Hope Craig Charles still makes it but maybe back on the Sunday night.

I think there could be a couple of big headliners being the 10th year. Maybe this is more of a wishlist but these bands are all doing the rounds this year so any of the following...

The Prodigy

The Charlatans

George Ezra

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

Paul Weller

Gaz Coombes

Hozier

The War On Drugs

Cast

The Proclaimers

Ocean Colour Scene

The View

Billy Idol

James

Belle and Sebastian

I also think there will be a big pop act this year.

Edited by RPDB

I suppose I'd better start slapping my lost together, looks like everyone's got till mid February to finalise their lists.

The choices below are who I could see playing rather than who I want to play so don't heckle me !

It's hard to guess the sort of budget they'll have for headliners and seems like they're adding a 4th one this year as well. The bigger capacity should attract a few bigger names as well.

Rudimental

Pigeon detectives

Tunng

Alabama 3

Band of skulls

George ezra

We tang clan

Public service broadcasting

Magic numbers

Flaming lips

Vintage Trouble

The fratellis

The war on drugs

Peter hook

George clinton

Kodaline

Gaz coombs

Noel Gallagher

Mispers

Circa waves

Edited by ramragon

here goes my first stab for this year, as Thurlow will back up more than happy to stump up for the winners beer, I'll personally be happy be anything better than last years 'nil point'!

1. Ellie Golding

2. James

3. Ed Sheeran

4. Scouting for Girls

5. Amy-Jo Clough

6. Embrace

7. The Fratellis

8. Eels

9. Tom Adams

10. The Revolution

11. Papa Shango

12. Jimmy Somerville

13. The Proclaimers

14. Ghostpoet

15. Stereo MC's

16. Molly Warburton

17. Colt 45

18. Ivan Campo

19. Ella Eyre

20. Jakarta Club

and with my record, you can officially caste-iron guarantee that none of the above will be anywhere near Cumbria throughout the whole of the summer!

here goes my first stab for this year, as Thurlow will back up more than happy to stump up for the winners beer, I'll personally be happy be anything better than last years 'nil point'!

1. Ellie Golding

2. James

3. Ed Sheeran

4. Scouting for Girls

5. Amy-Jo Clough

6. Embrace

7. The Fratellis

8. Eels

9. Tom Adams

10. The Revolution

11. Papa Shango

12. Jimmy Somerville

13. The Proclaimers

14. Ghostpoet

15. Stereo MC's

16. Molly Warburton

17. Colt 45

18. Ivan Campo

19. Ella Eyre

20. Jakarta Club

and with my record, you can officially caste-iron guarantee that none of the above will be anywhere near Cumbria throughout the whole of the summer!

Ed Sheeran? After selling 180,000 tickets over 3 nights at Wembley....really?

I couldn't see them affording ed sheeran either, you never know though ! As for bonus points, er no but you'll have a better chance of winning if it's a tie.

They're opening the main stage Thursday this year so you might find they announce 4 headline acts as well

My first attempt ilikely one with the bands I'd like to see. I'll put thought into it when I've got time and put who I think are more likely

1 Bc Camplight ( Eels)

2 Little Comets (Manic Street Preachers)

3 Vintage Trouble

4 Beardyman ( Black Rebel Motorcycle Club)

5 The 45s (Terrorvision)

6 Black Rivers (Benjamin Booker)

7 The Travelling Band (Tijuana Bibles)

8 British Sea Power (The Postcard Band)

9 Wild Beasts (The Vaccines)

10 Goldheart Assembly (The Courteneers)

11 Peace

12 The Gramotones

13 Thingambob and the Thingamajigs

14. Dub Pistols (Goldfrapp)

15 Beans on Toast (The Gaslight Anthem)

16 The Lottery Winners

17 Colt 45

18 Will & The People (Reverend and the Makers)

19The Tapestry (Karima Francis)

20 Ki Creighton (Starsailor)

I've edited the post so it shows the bands I think will be there, left my original guess in brackets so I can compare

Edited by thurlow84

• 2 weeks later...

The Ting Tings

The Amazing Snake Heads

Manic Street Preachers

Soul 2 Soul

Wu Tang Clan

Run DMC

Noel Gallagher

Cast

Prodigy

Rudimental

Rae Morris

The Farm

Gaz Coombes

Shed 7

Inspiral Carpets

Disclosure

John Newman

Ellie Golding

Dreadzone

Fatboy Slim

Didn't you say in another post that you had an idea of the lineup? Can we look at yours as an indication of what it may be?

Didn't you say in another post that you had an idea of the lineup? Can we look at yours as an indication of what it may be?

errrrrrr no !

I heard a rumour before xmas about 1 possibilty as a headliner tbh i sniggered and said no chance!

All the above apart from 1 or 2 are touring academy size venues or smaller or have new albums out soon or are out doing festivals around the time of Kendal.

I will be miles out , thing is its difficult an extra night an increased capacity with no real room for a bigger crowd at the mainstage so the dance tent and the calling out will no doubt be stronger and more recognizable names to make them areas busy !

Dont panic though im sure there will be a few randoms on in the woodlands area get announced .................. The ones you go who the feck are they ! never heard of them!