Early look at the site layout

Paulk2904

Was have a wee gander at the latest information avaiblable on the Perth and Kinross Council planning website and came across the proposed site layout. Not very detailed at this stage but gives you an idea of where things are in relation to each other. Looks like there is less of a walk of death into the campsite although the campsite itself seems very strung out.

Also noticed in one of the reports uploaded there is a bit of background info on how they search for a new site. It mentions that they considered nearly 100 sites including sites in the North of England. Not sure how I would have felt about TITP being in England although I'm sure the idea was probably thrown out pretty quickly.

planningapps_pkc_gov_uk_online_applicat_

Still seems quite a walk from the Campsites, the dark purple area is where the stages and that will go right?

Event area looks quite narrow to? Could get a bit congested moving from stage to stage!

Presume they will put the Boutique camping in the camping area around the castle to.

Intresting to see though, thanks for sharing!

Edited by LondonTom

Looks like they have applied for the licence until 1am on the Saturday in the main arena and 2am Friday, Saturday & Sunday in the campsite?

Operation: Campers are able to access the site from 12:00 Thursday
afternoon with campsite entertainment provided after the Main Arena is
closed, until 00:00h on the Thursday, and until 02:00 on Friday, Saturday and
Sunday. The Main arena will be operational 11:30 to 01:00 Friday, 11:30 to
01:00h Saturday, and 11:30 to 23:00 Sunday.
Edited by benwa

Not much of a walk of death??? You could walk 3kms as the crow flies! I like the trees and complicated layout though, it could be a real picturesque adventure getting in and out. Campervans as far as ever from the arena but I quite like that too. Coming from the North might be an advantage too.

Not much of a walk of death??? You could walk 3kms as the crow flies! I like the trees and complicated layout though, it could be a real picturesque adventure getting in and out. Campervans as far as ever from the arena but I quite like that too. Coming from the North might be an advantage too.

I was more meaning that it seems you wont have to walk around the arena to get into the campsite like you currently do. The car parks look like they are right at the edge of the campsite where I would assume there would be some entry points.

Once in the campsite your right it will be hell of a walk to the northern end of it.

Looking at the OS map of the area is interesting. The river Machany Water goes right through as well as some burns. There are only 2 bridges and they are at either end. Unless they construct temporary bridges over the river those bottlenecks will be a pain as well as increasing the walk distance to the arena for anyone camping North of the river (most).

Edited by devilman