Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

That's amazing because there is some absolute dross on that album.

Ibiza being one of the worst tunes I have ever heard, ever.

There are a few that suggest Howlett still should have something to offer, but in the main it drifts between average and pointless gibberish

Thanks for clearing that up for me - I'll cease to enjoy it at a gut level forthwith.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clearing that up for me - I'll cease to enjoy it at a gut level forthwith.

That post appeared more abrasive than intended.

I'm just curious how someone who understandably loves Jilted can be so content with this?

I might give it one more go to see is it me that's the issue.

Some of this album made me laugh it was so bad first time around

Edited by Space Shanty

Bit of a weird reply. If they were they wouldn't be able to say yes anyway - especially if headlining

So would have just ignored or used the tried and tested "not been called yet".

Album is shit, good/enjoyable in places but mostly shit. (Though I have to say that Ibiza song seems alot better in the context of the album rather by itself!)

Pitchfork

The best thing on the album, by far, is "Ibiza"

Did they do the review today?

Might explain that comment!

Thing about Jilited was it came on the back of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, which gave it added relavance... it was fresh, loud, exciting, rebellious and, in its own way, stuck two fingers up to the rule-makers. There weren't many tunes at raves and all nighters that got better reactions than Their Law, Voodoo People and Poison.

It's was a brilliant and diverse assault on the senses by a young band representing stereotyped young people, and in doing so they were rapidly maturing into a huge international sensation.

20 years later I don't expect an act to try to repeat the trick when firstly, it's an impossible task, and secondly, the circumstances that made the first album such a landmark record aren't in place.

That may be nothing but waffle but I just thought Howlett had so much more to offer on the back of their first three albums and his Dirtchamber Sessions.

Edited by Space Shanty

There isn't a culture for them to head up now. They make their scene in Belgrade, Zagreb, Budapest, Bucharest etc these days. Loads of Eastern Europeans going batshit crazy for white noise and heavy beats.

This. Eastern Europe is all over this sound and breaks in general. It sounds a bit dated to me now. Still enjoyed the new album but not amazing.

Actually its 1997, sorry

It's a pity the 97 headline set got interrupted early doors by that sound failure.

Just affected the whole thing a bit.

I remember being delighted at buying FOTL that Monday after Glasto in 1997, on the way to the ferry in Holyhead.

Also remember waking everyone on our coach going through Dublin on the way home when I saw Dermot Morgan crossing the road and roared 'There's Father Ted!'

Didn't go down well with the hungover majority who thought I was talking shite.

Less than a year later he was gone.