Prodigy....

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Howlett had to start accommodating people his output/productivity dipped.

As a long/time fan the number of tracks on the new record is hugely encouraging.

If the new album is a massive belter then that can only stand in good stead to them headlining. I can't wait for this one

Once Howlett had to start accommodating people his output/productivity dipped.

As a long/time fan the number of tracks on the new record is hugely encouraging.

If the new album is a massive belter then that can only stand in good stead to them headlining. I can't wait for this one

mentioned it in another thread but just don't see them ever playing the festival again unless they have a big dip in popularity again and go back to headlining Other (in like ten years). the new album will be successful, but almost definitely not as much as Invaders Must Die, so they'll sit in that nether region between 'amazing sub' and 'disappointing headliner' (on paper: performance wise they'd probably knock it out of the park)

the new album will be successful, but almost definitely not as much as Invaders Must Die

How do you know that?

Yeah. 14 tunes, and B Sides too! Lets hope it was worth the wait. And it is in fact "darker and heavier" than the last one.

Edited by The Nal

How do you know that?

obviously just a hunch but i can't see them replicating the success of Omen (which boosted interest in the album). pretty sure they've said this new album is going to be darker and more gritty (sic) than Invaders so if they've stuck to that then it'll probably mean less radio play / chart success etc. prepared to be proven wrong, though. guess this new single will be a good insight to the direction they've gone in

obviously just a hunch but i can't see them replicating the success of Omen (which boosted interest in the album). pretty sure they've said this new album is going to be darker and more gritty (sic) than Invaders so if they've stuck to that then it'll probably mean less radio play / chart success etc. prepared to be proven wrong, though. guess this new single will be a good insight to the direction they've gone in

Thought you had a single leak or something!

Yeah probably won't be as commercial but then again Smack My Bitch Up was a "hit". With a video that was almost unbroadcastable (if thats even a word) and a lyric that wasn't at all radio friendly.

Howlett has the ability to appeal to the grit and filth and aggression in peoples souls. In his own uncompromising way.

Hes also capable of utter bullshit mind you.

41NFZN3QJJL.jpg

Edited by The Nal

I've seen them about 4 times live I think, twice I was blown away, the other 2 times I was massively underwhelmed - I would imagine that a Pyramid headline slot would work for them though - can't imagine loads of complaints about it - If Mumford and Sons can do it then why the hell not?

pendulum tribute act apparently

:lol:

This makes me feel old. Wasn't too bothered for them in the 90s and wouldn't be now.

If it makes you feel younger again, I was making a crap joke :P

Invaders Must Die was everywhere when I was at uni, I did go through a phase of really liking them around then...but its weaned off a bit and I am not sure could be bothered with a full hour and half of them live.

I reckon they could sub Glastonbury, I doubt it would really effect the slots they get at the other Festivals they have been headlining. (Unless R&L/V offer it to them).

I reckon they could sub Glastonbury, I doubt it would really effect the slots they get at the other Festivals they have been headlining. (Unless R&L/V offer it to them).

They're headlining Isle of Wight so if they give subbing Glastonbury a miss then they could headline V or R+L in 2016. If they sub at Glastonbury, neither of those fests will want them to headline knowing that they'll sub for a smaller amount of money. Makes you wonder why they'd agree to sub at Glastonbury when they could have subbed at festivals the last five years instead of being a headline only act.

Get Your Fight On, Ibiza and Rok-Weiler aren't titles that will alienate much of their desired audience. I think it'll be a big hit personally.

Edited by dentalplan

Invaders Must Die was everywhere when I was at uni.

Now I feel old, I was at college when charley says was out, feel even older knowing what charley actually was meowing about too

They were a bit rubbish in 1997 on the main stage. For some reason they fell a bit flat, and half an hour of silence caused by technical trouble didn't help matters.

I'm very glad I saw them at the peak of their powers in 1996 at Phoenix. Awesome first festival, and The Prodigy's performance is still one of the best gigs I've been to.

I'm very glad I saw them at the peak of their powers in 1996 at Phoenix. Awesome first festival, and The Prodigy's performance is still one of the best gigs I've been to.

As is New Years Eve in Dublin in 95 for me. They were just shedding the Jilted era stuff which was still a bit ravey live, and moving towards the live guitar player and drummer. One of the first performances of Breathe too. Remember when it kicked in looking at my mate thinking "what the fuck?!"

I saw them at Sziget in 2011 (I Think?!) and they were out of this world.

I don't know why people bang on about their latest album having to be a massive success for them to be able to headline.... They are legends in their own right. I.E: Verve with 'Forth' (give or take a 6 year or whatever hiatus).

Glastonbury is really their festival in the UK... So if they're headlining IOW, they're headlining Pyramid or Other. Not subbing. Prodigy in daylight? Nah.

I saw them at Sziget in 2011 (I Think?!) and they were out of this world.

I don't know why people bang on about their latest album having to be a massive success for them to be able to headline.... They are legends in their own right. I.E: Verve with 'Forth' (give or take a 6 year or whatever hiatus).

Glastonbury is really their festival in the UK... So if they're headlining IOW, they're headlining Pyramid or Other. Not subbing. Prodigy in daylight? Nah.

well they're co-headling one festival and so far the only festivals they've headlined in recent years have been Download and Sonisphere (who often book acts lower down other festival bills to headline). i just don't really see them as a Glastonbury headliner anymore