Changing Email Address

Comfy Bean

Hi Folks,

Have ditched BT Broadband ( a while ago ) but my old BTemail address was still attached to our registration numbers and I didn`t realise this till the morning of T day and didn`t want to start messing with it ( was stressed out enough ) !

Have just been trying to work out how to change it to make sure I get the balance reminder etc sent to my new email address.

BT have now cancelled my access to email and when I go onto the See website, it says that they do not recognise it ? ( My old bt email ).

Can anyone help me out with some advice please. I can see where and how to change a postal address but not for email.

Cheers :)

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

It looks like they've locked down the edit page and you now have to submit a lookup request which sends an edit link to the email address on the registration. This edit link is only valid for 24 hours and if you try to go direct to the edit page without submitting a lookup you get this error:

Sorry, the link you clicked is not valid. Registration edit links are only valid for 24 hours from the original registration lookup request. To re-send the registration edit email, please lookup your registrations again by completing the form below.

As you no longer have access to the BT email address you won't be able to edit your registration, so you'll need to re-register. That won't help you for this year so I'd give SeeTickets a call. There must be others that have the same problem each year.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like they've locked down the edit page and you now have to submit a lookup request which sends an edit link to the email address on the registration. This edit link is only valid for 24 hours and if you try to go direct to the edit page without submitting a lookup you get this error:

Sorry, the link you clicked is not valid. Registration edit links are only valid for 24 hours from the original registration lookup request. To re-send the registration edit email, please lookup your registrations again by completing the form below.

As you no longer have access to the BT email address you won't be able to edit your registration, so you'll need to re-register. That won't help you for this year so I'd give SeeTickets a call. There must be others that have the same problem each year.

Thanks for your reply Chas. I took your advice and have contacted See Tickets. Hopefully they can switch it over without any hassle.

• 4 weeks later...