Wireless Festival 2015

NickisGinger

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such rubbish organising. Been tweeting them 3-4 times a week asking for stage splits, been ignored every time. Their social media engagement is embarrassing compared to R&L. Their website hasn't been updated in ages in terms of acts, half of its descriptions are outdated and the only info regarding stage splits / set times says they'll be released when the lineup is complete. Well Wireless 10 is this weekend is it not? I'm thinking the lineup is probably complete by now. Does my head in. Not even desperate for set times.. just stage splits! I don't think I'm asking for too much, I just want to know who clashes and who's playing where! Fingers crossed we'll know soon.. 

It's half amusing, half somewhat sad to see a festival with such a brilliant former reputation to just fizzle out into apathy like this. I went every year from 2008 to 2011, and 2011 for me was the best out of the lot with its Black Eyed Peas/Chemical Brothers/Pulp lineup. The planning for that year was fantastic, cram all the big chart names on the Friday with the BEPs, all the dance acts and DJs (and a few extra dance-pop artists who couldn't fit on the Friday) with the Chems on Saturday and then fling Grace Jones and all the quirky indie-rock acts in with Pulp. Three hugely different days, three very different audiences (teenagers/ravers/nostalgic 30-somethings) but as a whole an awesome few days and ending with Pulp was magical in the extreme.

Losing Hyde Park since then hasn't helped, but also as amazing as headliners like Pulp were they simply didn't sell out, I think the only day that did in '11 was the BEPs. Rihanna headling in 2012 sold out in record time and that's what probably made them shift into a whole festival of chart-friendly pop/R&B, great if you're into that sort of thing but if there's nothing else then you're not going to bother. The only hope is that the underwhelming sales of this year makes them look to 2016 and perhaps bring a bit more back of the Wireless variety of old. Or they'll just get Drake back again...