Wireless Festival 2015

NickisGinger

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I left straight after Knife Party on Saturday as the situation was ridiculous, the entire site was already ridiculously congested and saw hordes of gatecrashers all rushing into the site. I couldn't give a shit what drugs they could of smuggled in but the wall by the Pepsi Max stage was being broken down by a huge group with mallets and hammers which weren't confiscated as they gained entry to the site.

I couldn't deal with the majority of the crowd in general anyway, I've seen tonnes of criticism for V and R&L supposedly having poor crowds but it was like nothing I've ever seen barring Knife Party's crowd (perhaps them clashing with Kendrick had something to do with the type of people who were in the crowd at the time, I don't know). I heard people consistently yelling to 'open up the pit!!!' during Gorgon City (yes.. during Gorgon City) and there was someone in the crowd during Mary J Blige with his own set of speakers loudly playing That's Not Me by Skepta & JME on repeat throughout the entirety of her set. 

Feel sorry for the security and police who were working as I saw loads of scraps and arrests whilst I left the site. I can't speak for the Friday or Sunday but judging from my personal experience I'd be incredibly surprised if the festival goes ahead next year in the same capacity, i.e. same venue etc. I find it so saddening to see that a festival who less than ten years ago booked in one year the likes of Daft Punk, The White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age and LCD Soundsystem turn to such rubbish. I seriously hope if Daft Punk return to performing live next year they stay far away, because they're one of the few acts who would ever seriously tempt me attend this utter shambles of a festival again. 

Edited by JSmurphy

I knew booking Nicki Minaj would end in disaster

Used to like her, but i've never seen someone become so swallowed by their ego. "Traffic Delays" my ass, aren't artists supposed to arrive long before their headline slot? She was more than late - she was probably doing something else and thought she could turn up and do it last minute.

We chatted to a group of people at Victoria station whilst waiting for tickets, they said we are going to Wireless and me and my mate said we are off to Noel Gallagher.... The reply was "who".......

I don't like people that go to Wireless anymore.

We were right by the gate that got yanked open (as seen in the video on efests main page) it was a pretty scary situation. The security were way too slow reacting to that, only 1 guy and 1 women trying to stop it at the time. A couple of hundred must of poured through once it was opened.

People coming over the fence during Knife Party were handled better, one security guard in particular thinking he was spider man and scaling the fence to bat them all away.

Problem is with this festival is the sort of people it attracts, I can only imagine how many fights or worse that would happen if this was a camping festival. Full of absolute scumbags.

What exactly did people expect? Scroat-centric line up in Finsbury Park. Exactly the same happened with Parklife in Manchester, was fine when it was at Platt Fields in the student area, they moved it to Heaton Park and people have been stabbed and killed there.