Two Year Break?

MagicalGlitterBunny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel - I have ' peripheral arterial disease in my left leg ' - I am having Doppler ultrasound tomorrow - they have to track down the exact location and that will decide if I need a Stent or Bypass surgery
Stent recovery time is a few days - Bypass surgery is a few weeks. - With all the appointments to see Consultants and further scans I may not get the operation until June or later so I may not be very mobile next year.
I will be there as I cant miss it - it will be 35 years since I first started going { it will be 30 actual events } - at least if I not on my feet I can still get a lift in one of the WBC buggies but I may be lucky and get a cancellation but you never know with the NHS.

Routing for you Glasto. Keep us informed how you get on

I hope you get that cancellation glasto-worker, as yours is a fine record of attendance.

Routing for you Glasto. Keep us informed how you get on

Thanks - sorry to get all medical.
- I have been though something very similar once before when I was being treated for prostate cancer and its falling into the same pattern.
this scan today was not due for 8 weeks but someone cancelled so I was offered the slot
its unlikely that I will know any dates until all the scans are complete
I thought the pain was due to Sciatica but initial scans confirm its peripheral arterial disease - you would not assume that a blood flow restriction would cause so much pain but it does - by the time I got to Reading festival I could hardly walk .The WBC wanted me to go home but I have never missed a shift in my life although the rest of my Team did all the heavy work.
At least I am still able to walk - not very far but when I was being seen by a Vascular Consultant ' I was the only patient there that was able to walk in unaided ' so I don't mind waiting as there was many there who are far worse off than me .

- I have been though something very similar once before when I was being treated for prostate cancer and its falling into the same pattern.
this scan today was not due for 8 weeks but someone cancelled so I was offered the slot
I thought the pain was due to Sciatica but initial scans confirm its peripheral arterial disease - you would not assume that a blood flow restriction would cause so much pain but it does - by the time I got to Reading festival I could hardly walk .The WBC wanted me to go home but I have never missed a shift in my life although the rest of my Team did all the heavy work.
At least I am still able to walk - not very far but when I was being seen by a Vascular Consultant ' I was the only patient there that was able to walk in unaided ' so I don't mind waiting as there was many there who are far worse off than me .

Ouch - Warfarin or similar then? Bloody things. Cut myself having this morning. Still bleeding an hour later.

Ouch - Warfarin or similar then? Bloody things. Cut myself having this morning. Still bleeding an hour later.

well I hope your not standing in a pool of blood - had the first scan - she detected a few areas where the blood flow was not normal - she explained where the pain comes from - the blood is feeding the leg muscles - when the blood flow is restricted ' the muscles go into spasm ' - the faster I walk the greater the spasm - I have to have a leg operation to improve the blood flow.

That's a really admirable attitude. :bow:

Still hope you get it sorted sooner than later, though, sounds like a horrid thing to have to live with.

Yes, you've got to count yourself lucky at times. I recall the day when they (in the end) cut out half my bowels. I remember sitting there beforehand in the waiting room not giving a fuck too much beforehand, and seeing this bloke shaking with fear next to me. I'm not sure what operation he was in for but kind of had the feeling it was last chance saloon for him. I wonder if I'd have been the same way had I not been so wired? I guess I'll never know.

it was my fault - well for the diversion - was it cancer ?
I am in remission myself after Radiotherapy.
Hope it sorted out whatever the problems was.

Hello glasto-worker.

I'd just ignored the signs for 6 months, then one day thought I'd better tell the doctor about it. The bits and bobs they cut away were on the brink of turning cancerous according to the consultant. I really was a fool ignoring it that long. It all seems to be OK now though. And thanks for your best wishes in your last sentance. I think, no know, I've been a prat towards you in the past. For that, I apologise. I try to be nice at all times, but sometimes my head goes wobbly and I lose that ability. You should have told me to fuck off long ago. That you didn't speaks volumes about the decent person I suspect you are.

Regards

Yog

That's a really admirable attitude. :bow:

Still hope you get it sorted sooner than later, though, sounds like a horrid thing to have to live with.

Thanks - I am able to control it - well enough to get by .
its all down to priorities and there is tons of people who risk amputation if they don't get it sorted out quickly.
when I first went to my GP I was prescribed a van load of pain killers but all that was doing was masking the problem .
I will await my turn - full marks to the Hospital technician as I was seen straight away { go to see a Consultant and its rare to see them without a one/two hour delay } - I know that some knock the NHS but its a bloody good system most of the time.
I really felt sorry for her having to work over Christmas .
it will all get sorted out in time.

Hello glasto-worker.

I'd just ignored the signs for 6 months, then one day thought I'd better tell the doctor about it. The bits and bobs they cut away were on the brink of turning cancerous according to the consultant. I really was a fool ignoring it that long. It all seems to be OK now though. And thanks for your best wishes in your last sentance. I think, no know, I've been a prat towards you in the past. For that, I apologise. I try to be nice at all times, but sometimes my head goes wobbly and I lose that ability. You should have told me to fuck off long ago. That you didn't speaks volumes about the decent person I suspect you are.

Regards

Yog

I was lucky as due to previous stroke's I get a annual check up and it was because of that where it was spotted I had cancer - turns out it was prostate cancer - I met loads of people who had symptoms but they never went to their GP and some of them died before their treatment was completed.
glad your problem was sorted out.
Don't worry Yog I have a thick skin - not sure what upset you - it may have been about the WBC -
Anyway lets look forward and not to the past .

Don't worry Yog I have a thick skin - not sure what upset you - it may have been about the WBC -
Anyway lets look forward and not to the past .

Unfortunately it wasn't really about the WBC (which, in reality, I know very little about). It was more to do with me being a bollox. Anyway, I'm glad I've had the chance to apologise, and I'm made up that you have accepted that apology. Yep, let's look forward and not into the past.

It's a hell of a forum where one thread discusses the merits of whether Taylor Swift is hot and this butts up against one where the discussion is about operations, hospital appointments and medication.

Got to love that efest.

Its a subject people that people generally don't like to talk about, but someone might be reading this forum, get off their ass to get themselves checked, and it could save their life.

There was a discussion at some point about if you could get moles checked at glastonbury to see if they were bad or not, and the obvious answer was that the best they would be able to do would probably be to refer you to go and see a doctor anyway. So I did just that beforehand, and even though mine were ok, was at least given some sound advice and to keep an eye on a couple of them for any changes.

Read a forum, save a life!

Its a subject people that people generally don't like to talk about, but someone might be reading this forum, get off their ass to get themselves checked, and it could save their life.

There was a discussion at some point about if you could get moles checked at glastonbury to see if they were bad or not, and the obvious answer was that the best they would be able to do would probably be to refer you to go and see a doctor anyway. So I did just that beforehand, and even though mine were ok, was at least given some sound advice and to keep an eye on a couple of them for any changes.

Read a forum, save a life!

And on the same topic - if yr male over 45 get yr prostate checked for fucks sake. Not the most dignified moment in your life but 2 people I know have just got some worrying news after ignoring some signs they should have got checked out way earlier.

And on the same topic - if yr male over 45 get yr prostate checked for fucks sake. Not the most dignified moment in your life but 2 people I know have just got some worrying news after ignoring some signs they should have got checked out way earlier.

Hello Ted

What's the score with prostate? I don't even know what part of the body it refers to. If it's a camera up your arse then I'm covered, but if it isn't then I suspect I could do with having whatever it is checked out. I know I could Google it, but would kind of like to get the information off here instead.

Hello Ted

What's the score with prostate? I don't even know what part of the body it refers to. If it's a camera up your arse then I'm covered, but if it isn't then I suspect I could do with having whatever it is checked out. I know I could Google it, but would kind of like to get the information off here instead.

No sweat Yog - though I'm far from an expert (or even really know what I'm talking about - Glasto-worker would for all the wrong reasons know much more I'm sure).

Its a gland - part of the reproductive set of bits of kit blokes have got stuffed down there between yr arse and yr spuds. The examination (which my GP did when I had one) basically consists of them sticking a finger up your bum and feeling for swelling and shape irregularity (my GP said its about the size of a walnut). Its really uncomfortable but not painful. The things you should look out for and get checked out is (for example) burning when you piss, sudden desire to piss frequently (especially at odd times I understand). You get any problem with your waterworks and you're over about 45 our local surgery suggests a prostate exam for men as a matter of course. The probability of you having some prostate issue at some point (prostititis for example) is relatively high i believe - and it goes without saying prostate cancer is absolutely no fun whatsoever.

Bizarrely I read somewhere of women buying private prostate exams for their partners as birthday presents. Not something I'd thank the mrs for if I get that particular gift token I have to say.

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

No sweat Yog - though I'm far from an expert (or even really know what I'm talking about - Glasto-worker would for all the wrong reasons know much more I'm sure).

Its a gland - part of the reproductive set of bits of kit blokes have got stuffed down there between yr arse and yr spuds. The examination (which my GP did when I had one) basically consists of them sticking a finger up your bum and feeling for swelling and shape irregularity (my GP said its about the size of a walnut). Its really uncomfortable but not painful. The things you should look out for and get checked out is (for example) burning when you piss, sudden desire to piss frequently (especially at odd times I understand). You get any problem with your waterworks and you're over about 45 our local surgery suggests a prostate exam for men as a matter of course. The probability of you having some prostate issue at some point (prostititis for example) is relatively high i believe - and it goes without saying prostate cancer is absolutely no fun whatsoever.

Bizarrely I read somewhere of women buying private prostate exams for their partners as birthday presents. Not something I'd thank the mrs for if I get that particular gift token I have to say.

I've ran out of up votes it would appear. Thanks ever so much Ted for explaining that to me. My doctor did stick his finger up my arse a few years ago, but I really can't recall why he was doing it. Presumably it must have been one of these prostrate checks. Then again, maybe he really wanted to be a ventriloquist in real life, but was overpowered by career orientated parents. I guess I'll never know. Anyway, thanks to your post I'm going to make him do it again. If he's delighted with the prospect I'll know he really is a Showman!

I've ran out of up votes it would appear. Thanks ever so much Ted for explaining that to me. My doctor did stick his finger up my arse a few years ago, but I really can't recall why he was doing it. Presumably it must have been one of these prostrate checks. Then again, maybe he really wanted to be a ventriloquist in real life, but was overpowered by career orientated parents. I guess I'll never know. Anyway, thanks to your post I'm going to make him do it again. If he's delighted with the prospect I'll know he really is a Showman!

my (ahem) pleasure Yogurt :)