Two Year Break?

MagicalGlitterBunny

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple answer is no it does not need a2 year break for any reason. Festivals are becoming more popular than ever and so any taking breaks risks losing customers. GF is lucky in that it can have a fallow year without difficulty, a 2 year break is harder to cope with for any business regardless of the loyalty of its customers.

Edited by mattyc1965

I agree - i struggle to wait the year...but wouldn't its quality be better?

is the music industry speeding up and quality changing?

It takes longer to be big, decent, a survivor with in the music industry...acts/bands come and go fast....the (music) world is a different place than it was say 5 or 10 years ago....

I agree - i struggle to wait the year...but wouldn't its quality be better?

is the music industry speeding up and quality changing?

It takes longer to be big, decent, a survivor with in the music industry...acts/bands come and go fast....the (music) world is a different place than it was say 5 or 10 years ago....

If bands are coming and going quicker than ever before then that means there are plenty of people to play each year without too many repeats ;)

Eavis has said he wants to move the focus away from the headliners in the coming years anyway so the lack of them wouldn't really be a problem I don't think.

yes yes lets have a 19 year break i wouldnt have to panic i could go abroad catch some sun and save my legs and my back plus the stress of getting our family pitch let alone getting tickets and worrying about the weather and wot bands will play whether daft blinking punk will play [ or in my case pearl blinking jam ] wot to wear on your feet whether you need to nixwax your clothes polish your boots or just get a pair of good old fashioned sandals no lets have a break and go on holiday all ov us and remember the good times and the good music whilst sitting around a poole or better still a nice sandy beach [ i hate sand tho ] and drink some new fandangaled drink thats been invented that doesnt give you a hang over and yes lets then all go back to the pyramid after theses holidays and listen to the greatist hits of 1990/29

and all will be fine in the world ............good daydreams all

it isnt ran as a business, the dairy is the business. they supply supermarkets with milk

Err.... Surely it is. It might be primarily a dairy farm most of the year but there is no way on earth a venture that size isn't run as a full time business. It loses money a few years in a row - it's gone.

i dont mean the company formation mate. i mean not making you drink their beer etc & ripping you off at every corner like the more commercial festivals, all of the above is quoting michael & emily from videos, il dig them out, hold up

Are you saying that the Eavis family don't benefit financially from holding the festival?

i imagine they do ok lol

the point was they dont run it with a "lets make money" attitude. they do it because they love it & so do a lot of people

Would it sell out year on year, months before any lineup is released, if they ran it as a business with 1 big campsite and a fenced off arena with a "no bring your own alcohol " policy? probably not

Would it sell out year on year, months before any lineup is released, if they ran it as a business with 1 big campsite and a fenced off arena with a "no bring your own alcohol " policy? probably not

exactly, right theres a couple of videos i need to find that kinda make my point a little more here