EXIT 2015 (9-12th July 2015), Novi Sad, Serbia, 15th Anniversary

hostmat

In 2015 EXIT celebrates 15 year anniversary! The grand birthday party will be marked by another EXIT Adventure with 7 days or music, mayhem and partying. EXIT festival will be held from 9th to 12th July at the Petrovaradin Fortress in Novi Sad, Serbia. The second Sea Dance Festival will be held from 16th to 18th July at the Jaz beach in Montenegro.

Early bird ticket sales: http://www.exitfest.org/en/worldwide

Everyone who buys the 4-day ticket set will be rewarded with a free ticket to the EXIT Adventure! That means that early bird buyers will get a ticket for SEA DANCE FESTIVAL completely free once they register for it. That’s 40% discount compared to a regular ticket for 7 days of EXIT Adventure!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for people who do not know, Exit organizers established beach festival at Montenegro only 3 days after Exit at one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro - Jaz Beach. For all who buy Exit ticket in promo period, gets free Sea Dance festival ticket as well.

Exit Adventure: Exit festival + Sea Dance festival

http://www.exitfest.org/en/adventure

Just for people who do not know, Exit organizers established beach festival at Montenegro only 3 days after Exit at one of the most beautiful beaches in Montenegro - Jaz Beach. For all who buy Exit ticket in promo period, gets free Sea Dance festival ticket as well.

Exit Adventure: Exit festival + Sea Dance festival

http://www.exitfest.org/en/adventure

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all you folks here.

I'm new to this forum but looking for some advice for Exit. Been to Benicassim last 3 years but thought try something different this time.

Any hints/ tips etc. ? Not been to Serbia before, so anything useful really - Flying to Belgrade on the Wednesday, returning Monday 10.25am flight (booked 6:30am transfer from Novi Sad off Exit website so hopefully that give time enough to get flight).

Trying to book hotel/ restaurant Fontana (sent them a 'contact us' message to book) - any other suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all you folks here.

I'm new to this forum but looking for some advice for Exit. Been to Benicassim last 3 years but thought try something different this time.

Any hints/ tips etc. ? Not been to Serbia before, so anything useful really - Flying to Belgrade on the Wednesday, returning Monday 10.25am flight (booked 6:30am transfer from Novi Sad off Exit website so hopefully that give time enough to get flight).

Trying to book hotel/ restaurant Fontana (sent them a 'contact us' message to book) - any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi mate, if you have more time to spent, I would like to suggest you to go to Sea Dance festival after Exit (which actually an extension of Exit festival (at the beach)).

Let me know what kind of information need regarding Exit.

If you need some tips re accommodation, take a look here: http://www./en(Exit Trip is official tourist service for Exit festival).

PS you should book some flight a bit later, Dance Arena will be opened until 8 am on Monday morning :)

cheers

Hi mate, if you have more time to spent, I would like to suggest you to go to Sea Dance festival after Exit (which actually an extension of Exit festival (at the beach)).

Let me know what kind of information need regarding Exit.

If you need some tips re accommodation, take a look here: http://www./en(Exit Trip is official tourist service for Exit festival).

PS you should book some flight a bit later, Dance Arena will be opened until 8 am on Monday morning :)

cheers

Hi - thanks for this.

I have to fess up a bit - I can't stay for the Sea Dance festival as my wife and I have to get back for my daughter's graduation - this gives you a clue as to why a) I have to get back on the Monday (and am constrained by flight times to get back for Tuesday) and B) I am not sure at my age that I would be up for the Dance Arena until 8am. I usually last until about 3-4am (at Benicassim) - either too wasted or too tired.

Just saying to wife last night though if we like it should definitely go again and do the Sea Dance festival.

Just booking Fontana (hotel restaurant) which seems to get good reviews. Camped at Beni for 3 years which was OK as had a couple of weeks after as a holiday in hotel to recover, but as above, going to Exit then quick return so thought would hotel this time.

So, what is there to do in day time? Is there a beach(y) type place to congregate on the Danube? Good food places? Stuff to do that may not be so easily discovered in Exit itself - read a review somewhere online that said there was a 'hidden' acoustic set somewhere. Just any tips you can think of really. What's the weather like for example - hot I am assuming, but what about when the sun goes down? Prices of drinks in Exit/ town blah blah.

Cheers :cool:

So, what is there to do in day time? Is there a beach(y) type place to congregate on the Danube? Good food places? Stuff to do that may not be so easily discovered in Exit itself - read a review somewhere online that said there was a 'hidden' acoustic set somewhere. Just any tips you can think of really. What's the weather like for example - hot I am assuming, but what about when the sun goes down? Prices of drinks in Exit/ town blah blah.

Cheers :cool:

Mate you have plenty things to do during the day. Doors will be opened each day from 7pm to 3am (but festival is open till 8am :) ) so you can go to the beach "Strand" (believe it or not, daily ticket costs £0,3 ). Also there is many places with great food and the food is at least 3-4 times cheaper then food in UK. Beer cost £1,2 at Exit festival so you can easily compare it with costs at any other festival in UK or Europe.

Hotel Fontana is located in the city center so you can have access to all pubs and other interesting places.

We had first time ever rainy festival last year so I suppose (and hope) this will never happen again. Weather is hot, roughly 30+ degrees during the day.

If you have any other question, do not hesitate to ask :)

PS Venue is absolutely unique, it will blown you away, it is medieval Fortress with 25 stages located all over it.

Mate you have plenty things to do during the day. Doors will be opened each day from 7pm to 3am (but festival is open till 8am :) ) so you can go to the beach "Strand" (believe it or not, daily ticket costs £0,3 ). Also there is many places with great food and the food is at least 3-4 times cheaper then food in UK. Beer cost £1,2 at Exit festival so you can easily compare it with costs at any other festival in UK or Europe.

Hotel Fontana is located in the city center so you can have access to all pubs and other interesting places.

We had first time ever rainy festival last year so I suppose (and hope) this will never happen again. Weather is hot, roughly 30+ degrees during the day.

If you have any other question, do not hesitate to ask :)

PS Venue is absolutely unique, it will blown you away, it is medieval Fortress with 25 stages located all over it.

Rained at Benicassim last year too - but didn't last too long. This is the reason why we don't go to English festivals - even when it does rain though, your stuff dries out. Sounds a lot cheaper than Beni too - 9 euros for litre of beer in festival which is comparable to English festivals. Really looking forward to this though - when do the next lot of acts get announced? I saw Motorhead on their Bomber tour in 1980 and again in 1981, so looking forward to them, just interested when other acts typically get announced - this forum doesn't seem to have the same volume of folks second guessing what the line up will be for ever and a day - not saying this is a bad thing - the Beni forum had quite a number of dicks in last year!!

Anyway, cheers for the info - a couple of other (probably stupid questions - one particularly is)

what's the currency? I've seen stuff posted in euros, but the chap quoted me Serbian dinar for the hotel, secondly once you're in the festival, you can't come back out again can you (or if you do, you can't get back in again)? and finally is it obvious where you get your wristband or do you just get it the first night?

Thanks

Rained at Benicassim last year too - but didn't last too long. This is the reason why we don't go to English festivals - even when it does rain though, your stuff dries out. Sounds a lot cheaper than Beni too - 9 euros for litre of beer in festival which is comparable to English festivals. Really looking forward to this though - when do the next lot of acts get announced? I saw Motorhead on their Bomber tour in 1980 and again in 1981, so looking forward to them, just interested when other acts typically get announced - this forum doesn't seem to have the same volume of folks second guessing what the line up will be for ever and a day - not saying this is a bad thing - the Beni forum had quite a number of dicks in last year!!

Anyway, cheers for the info - a couple of other (probably stupid questions - one particularly is)

what's the currency? I've seen stuff posted in euros, but the chap quoted me Serbian dinar for the hotel, secondly once you're in the festival, you can't come back out again can you (or if you do, you can't get back in again)? and finally is it obvious where you get your wristband or do you just get it the first night?

Thanks

More acts will be announced soon. It is normal for Exit Festival to confirm acts a bit later than the other festivals.

Motorhead and Eagles of Death Metal are confirmed as far as some big electronic acts but it seems you are not into electronic music (although you should definitely spent some time at Dance Arena, it is the second biggest stage (cca 20.000 people), probably one of the most spectaculars Dance stages in the world).

Mate there are no stupid questions :)

Currency is Serbian Dinar (you will get roughly 140 dinars for 1 pound - which is equal to price of beer in local pubs )

Redemption desk is near the main entrance of the festival, you cannot miss it. Also, you have one entrance per day but I am more than sure you would not even thinking of going out :)

Redemption desk will be open from July 7th and it is better to redeem your wristband as soon as possible to avoid crowd at opening night.

cheers

More acts will be announced soon. It is normal for Exit Festival to confirm acts a bit later than the other festivals.

Motorhead and Eagles of Death Metal are confirmed as far as some big electronic acts but it seems you are not into electronic music (although you should definitely spent some time at Dance Arena, it is the second biggest stage (cca 20.000 people), probably one of the most spectaculars Dance stages in the world).

Mate there are no stupid questions :)

Currency is Serbian Dinar (you will get roughly 140 dinars for 1 pound - which is equal to price of beer in local pubs )

Redemption desk is near the main entrance of the festival, you cannot miss it. Also, you have one entrance per day but I am more than sure you would not even thinking of going out :)

Redemption desk will be open from July 7th and it is better to redeem your wristband as soon as possible to avoid crowd at opening night.

cheers

You get me all wrong - I'm not some ageing rocker :music: whilst I am looking forward to seeing Motorhead, they aren't the reason for picking Exit. I'm have moved into this century with my music tastes and most definitely will be going to the Dance Arena (probably not til 8am though). Can't wait, particularly as you describe it - sounds amazing.

Is the Redemption desk open all day? We are getting the 10pm transfer from Belgrade as we are spending the evening there just to see what that's like, so I'm guessing the Redemption desk will be closed by the time we get to Novi Sad. Look to get it on the Thursday, but before the main gates open though sounds sensible. So what time does it open on the Thursday (or close on the Wednesday) and how far is it to walk from Hotel Fontuna do you know?

Thanks again

You get me all wrong - I'm not some ageing rocker :music: whilst I am looking forward to seeing Motorhead, they aren't the reason for picking Exit. I'm have moved into this century with my music tastes and most definitely will be going to the Dance Arena (probably not til 8am though). Can't wait, particularly as you describe it - sounds amazing.

Is the Redemption desk open all day? We are getting the 10pm transfer from Belgrade as we are spending the evening there just to see what that's like, so I'm guessing the Redemption desk will be closed by the time we get to Novi Sad. Look to get it on the Thursday, but before the main gates open though sounds sensible. So what time does it open on the Thursday (or close on the Wednesday) and how far is it to walk from Hotel Fontuna do you know?

Thanks again

Sorry mate I just though you are dedicated to rock music :)

Redemption desk will be opened on Wednesday from 12-8 pm and from 10 am on Thursday. You can easily avoid crowd if you choose any other moment rather then 8 pm on Thursday :)

Redemption desk is 20 minutes far from Fortuna by walk.

If you are into electronic music, you might like acts confirmed for Techno night at Dance Arena: http://www.exitfest.org/en/lineup-2015

Cheers mate

Sorry mate I just though you are dedicated to rock music :)

Redemption desk will be opened on Wednesday from 12-8 pm and from 10 am on Thursday. You can easily avoid crowd if you choose any other moment rather then 8 pm on Thursday :)

Redemption desk is 20 minutes far from Fortuna by walk.

If you are into electronic music, you might like acts confirmed for Techno night at Dance Arena: http://www.exitfest.org/en/lineup-2015

Cheers mate

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I'll check out those acts already announced! No, definitely not just a rocker, I pretty much am open to most types of music except current 'pop' music.

Cheers

Excellent, thanks for the info.

I'll check out those acts already announced! No, definitely not just a rocker, I pretty much am open to most types of music except current 'pop' music.

Cheers

Excellent then. More act will be announced soon, possibly next week :)

Edited by hostmat

• 2 weeks later...

Few more acts confirmed:

Main stage:

Tom Odell

Explosive stage:

Napalm Death

Fear Factory

Terror

Nuclear Assault

Curious to see what any of these were like - quick Spotify later - I think I managed 20 seconds of Napalm Death - I should have known from the first paragraph of their Bio.

"The fathers of grindcore, Napalm Death pushed the envelope of metal to new extremes of ear-splitting intensity, rejecting all notions of melody, subtlety, and good taste to forge a brand of sonic assault almost frightening in its merciless brutality. "

I think that about sums it up and I will be looking for an alternative stage!