Common People Festival

rawaudioinput

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You could argue that, but how complete is the Common People line up? How complete is the Victorious line up? And lets not forget that there is still some absolute dross on the Victorious line up as well. You would also expect them to do well because they are now an established festival, despite Bestivals backing Common People is a new festival and I would think this effects the finances.

Either way I think if you are into that side of house music and live in the Southampton area it's not a bad deal

It's shit because it has such a narrow range of music. They should have split the days and mixed the music up a bit more. That is why I am so disappointed with it. It's easy to say "Well, that's because it isn't your type of music" but they had a chance to put on a really inclusive and interesting festival - instead they have rammed it full of dance/house acts for the university students to go to.

I'm going to Victorious in Portsmouth - not all my sort of thing, but certainly much more varied and much better value for money. You can;t even leave and re-enter this Common People festival and Victorious includes loads of free entry passes to some of the local things to see/do.

I really don't like admitting things are better in Portsmouth than in Southampton - but the festival is miles better imo.

Hope Rob Da Bank mixes it up a bit next year - if this shit slurry of a line up manages to sell out, that is.

EDIT: Can you tell I'm upset?

Edited by marcwilson87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Opinions?

I thought it went very well. Security varies on their levels of bag searches going in each day, but I'm a sneaky bastard and got loads of drink in yay :)

Bar prices were steep! Food was standard festival expense. Needed more toilets, otherwise I thought it was very well organised. It was a very young crowd, who were all attracted by the acts that you would expect.to find on radio 1, so the likes of Years.and years and clean bandit were rammed compared to what I would call.proper bands like Band of Skulls.

Would have been nice to have bands play in the big top as well, not just djs, but it had a good.atmosphere. Cocktail bus was good, the circus area was great fun.

I know people were whinging about the food queues, but that's because everyone decided to eat at their regular dinner time of 6.30pm, the queues weren't too bad the rest of the time.

Look forward to it coming back next year, hopefully with more toilets, and hopefully with Craig David Southampton legend