2015 releases you're looking forward to

Amy Lawn

Finally got round to buying Seems Unfair by Trust Fund, couldn't get it anywhere in Manchester so I've waited until I'm in there home turf of Bristol to pick it up. Record shopping here dicks all over record shopping in Manchester, I could have bought loads of stuff. I'm now back in possession of Seven Swans by Sufjan as well, was one of my favourite albums back when I was getting all my music recommendations from The OC, but I lost it when my computer was wiped about 6 years ago. It's now back in my hands on 12 unwipable inches of black plastic.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎14‎:‎31, Mardy said:

Man, that new Dylan box set is something else. Nobody, fucking nobody has had a creative burst like that in 65-66. It's just astonishing. And fascinating to listen to this stuff. How he chose the definitive version, the way he built the songs, adapted, fucked around with them, how they evolved. It's a fucking life's work to try and understand this. I could lose myself for days in this parallel universe without coming up for air.

Absolutely - I'm currently trying to put together a sort of soundtrack to my life which is basically my top 500 or 1000 tracks that are or were important to me. Some are pretty embarrassing now, but I'm still more than happy to listen to most of them today. (In fact one of the criteria is: If the track came on in when I was on my own in the car would I reach over and turn it up)

Anyway I digress but suffice to say just about all of Bringing it all back home, Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde are on my list

Animal Collective have always been an act i think/know i should love but just can't get in to them. this has spurred me to give them another go (think it's been a couple of years since my last attempt). i assume Merriweather Post Pavilion is the best starting point?

(great/bizarre way to showcase new music btw. always love weird album rollouts)

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Animal Collective have always been an act i think/know i should love but just can't get in to them. this has spurred me to give them another go (think it's been a couple of years since my last attempt). i assume Merriweather Post Pavilion is the best starting point?

(great/bizarre way to showcase new music btw. always love weird album rollouts)

That's weird, I'd have thought you'd love them. My Girls might be the biggest banger of the 21st century.

On 11/25/2015, 8:40:11, kingcrawler said:

Album out February 19th!

Lead single...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2ssNnA_Es

Edited by TomViolence

On 11/25/2015, 8:50:59, dentalplan said:

That's weird, I'd have thought you'd love them. My Girls might be the biggest banger of the 21st century.

I just can't get into My Girls, I've listened to it so my times to try and get it to click and it just won't. I've tried listening to MPP multiple times as well but once again it just doesn't click with me

That's the only album I've ever bothered with by them and I just don't like it, that said when talking to people who know quite a bit about music I always namedrop AC and act like I'm a big fan. Can't have people thinking I'm not sophisticated now can I?

Though it may seem like an oxymoron, Summer Camp have made a Christmas record!

The 2015 release are still rolling in.

Pretty gutted I can't go to watch Lanterns On The Lake in town tonight, but I did pick up the new album today, and I shall be listening to it with me tea later on.