Secret Garden Party 2015

5co77ie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be our first year at SGP...

Staying in a premier inn the night before to be extra organised. Can anyone tell me what the best time would be to get to the site for? What is the security like? Are there dogs at the entrance? Is the Thursday night just a warm up?

Any help appreciated!! X

Best time to arrive varies, I'd say mid to late afternoon Thursday is the worst time for people queue. It's loads better than it used to be. I'm going to try and get there as near to gates opening as possible. There are dogs on the gate, some security very strict but mainly bothered about glass or going over your 12 can alcohol limit. Thursday is just a warm up but a good time to go out to the lake installation. There were decent DJs on last year Thursday night too and you can normally find a secret venue somewhere after midnight. 

There's two this year - Badger Woods (although it's Chai Wallahs this year) and Toad Hall

Was Toad Hall always there? Been to SGP five times and only ever seen it at Glastonbury.

edit/P.S. - for those who know it, Leisure Pirate tent - the little one that's been all over the site in the last ten years, that's open until 6am and that has occasional secret sets - is by the lake this year (and bigger).

Edited by tiffpietiff

How are the searches at the gates/on site? Are they fairly relaxed like glastonbury?

Unfortunately nothing like Glastonbury - pretty much everyone gets searched coming in and they are strict about the alcohol limits. There are also sniffer dogs. However, as I've said before lots of people find ways around this judging by the many happy gardeners inside.

In previous years there were complaints about security, this has been much improved.

Hope you have an awesome time. Not going this year after going to the last four.

For anyone wondering about the weather I can happily confirm that, yes, it's going to be shit. 

I just checked that and it does look terrible.

Does anyone know about passouts, can i pop back to my car when i like? If im going to be arriving on friday night in the rain it might back a case of just going in with the tent, putting it up and grabbing all my bags on saturday, no point them getting soaked. 

Iv got the same problem all 4 tixs with the same surname when 4 surnames is needed.

I'm assuming it isn't going to be an issue getting in? Does anyone know how it has worked in previous years?

I contacted seetickets and they said its no problem. The individual names are on the order so if you have any issues just goto customer services and theyll get you in. Seems like the people on the gate will just be checking the bookers name.