Secret Garden Party 2015

5co77ie

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badger woods is open 24hrs this year! :)

i went last year and had the best time ive ever had at a festival!! going to Sziget this year so wasnt going to go but it looks like my mate has twisted my arm. :)

before i went last year i was told it was a young posh crowd...and, well...it was. but that was not a problem at all as everyone was lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that every year. Its only 20 miles down the road but not once have I thought the line-up justified the £195 for a ticket.

Looking at the line up...then looking at £195, yeah...your probably right.

But your not paying just for the line up with this festival, your paying for the beautiful, well organised site which has SO much going on from morning to night.

They are a tiny bit too expensive i think, festivals like Green Man are around £175. but...its the best festival ive ever been to and you cant put a price on that :)

Edited by doobie ninja

• 3 weeks later...

I've only been once and worked it as a steward. I cant justify the ticket price either (I know mine was free, but the actual value of a ticket). Lovely festival, but not for that money. Plus you can hardly take any drink in as a punter, so that ends up costing you a fortune inside as well.

That being said, you can tell they spend a lot of the money you pay for a ticket making it look nice. Possibly one of the best firework displays I've ever seen, and loads of cool secret places to find.

Their Facebook page says tickets are about to sell out.

marketing ploy?? dont know. but if people are interested in going then maybe you should buy sooner rather than later.

Don't think it's a marketing ploy - apart from in 2013 I think they've sold out pretty much every year

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they are strict with ID check for tickets?? I was hoping to maybe get hold of one nearer the time (eg the weekend before!) off gumtree or something but heard you are meant to change the name 1 month in advance….will they always check?

• 5 weeks later...

Pregnant!

Hey fellow SGPers being a sgp virgin I was wondering if any one could give me any tips on being preggers at SGP?

Myself and my partner were guna sell the tix then thought sod it we will just have to adapt our usually hectic festival time to a more chilled festy

If anyone has any tips or can recommend any cheap B+B's that would be awesome (don't fancy camping with all my mates who are avid party goers as this will be my 1st sober :-/// festi and will need a bit more home comforts being 26 weeks prego)

Thanks x

The site isn't huge by other festival standards, and other than the banked hill along one side of the main stage, it's relatively flat for getting around, which should help. You should be OK in the campsites, just take some earplugs since the Friday and Saturday are late nights.

You might want to avoid the ice rink, and maybe avoid swimming in the Lake, but do try and find the secret sunflower field if they have it again this year. There's a few secret hidey holes to look out for, through secret cupboards and secret portaloo etc. It's fun!

Also, don't climb the fox

• 3 weeks later...

I can't really offer too much help on that since when I went I was working, so had staff car park and staff camping. However if you need last minute festival supplies, there is a tesco just up the road. That being said, they are pretty strict on entry so you may struggle to get extra drink in. I'd probably suggest decanting clear alcoholic liquid into water bottles that you've managed to get lids off without breaking seals

Anyone have any experience of turning up on a friday night after work? Hows the traffic and getting tents up situation?

Also does the music start thursday morning, or friday morning? Will the stage lineups be released prior to the festival or will I have to grab a programme once i arrive? 

The site isn't huge by other festival standards, and other than the banked hill along one side of the main stage, it's relatively flat for getting around, which should help. You should be OK in the campsites, just take some earplugs since the Friday and Saturday are late nights.

You might want to avoid the ice rink, and maybe avoid swimming in the Lake, but do try and find the secret sunflower field if they have it again this year. There's a few secret hidey holes to look out for, through secret cupboards and secret portaloo etc. It's fun!

Also, don't climb the fox

Thank you festival freak. Unfortunately we chose to sell them in the end :-( figured Id spend most of my time queuing at toilets. Never mind there is always next year :0))

You might struggle for tent space on Friday night after work, if just you and a small tent then you should be ok. Can't say for certain but I'm sure queues at the time would be fine.

I thought the loos at SGP were great, all the girls I was with didn't queue that much at all.

You might struggle for tent space on Friday night after work, if just you and a small tent then you should be ok. Can't say for certain but I'm sure queues at the time would be fine.

I thought the loos at SGP were great, all the girls I was with didn't queue that much at all.

About 75% of the crowd tend to come on Thursday night so by Friday the queues aren't too bad.

About 75% of the crowd tend to come on Thursday night so by Friday the queues aren't too bad.

Ive spoken to friends and theyll be saving me a spot so thats that sorted. What about when the acts start, will I be missing much by turning up on friday eve? 

Everything finished at 11.45pm on the Thursday, I know because I was on shift until 12 and missed everything.

Friday goes on until 5.45 am

Saturday until 5.45am (my shift finished at 6am)

Sunday until 11.45pm (shift finished at 12)

I had rubbish shifts.