Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

Gengahr, N'To, Shameboy, De Sluwe Vos Live, De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig, Twenty One Pilots, Ganz, Tyler The Creator, Tiga, Raving George, Benjamin Booker, Ride.

Mark Ronson and Kele cancelled, Trixie Withley moved to a different day.

Another disappointing bunch, except for Ride. Not even FlyLo or Refused?

So in reality with the cancellations, only 10 extra band's added. Hardly worth going to the effort of doing a live stream for.

So about 60 more bands to come?

Edited by DiscothequeDave

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in reality with the cancellations, only 10 extra band's added. Hardly worth going to the effort of doing a live stream for.

So about 60 more bands to come?

50-60, yes. But we can already count for 30 Belgian acts.

Also, where did you read that Thursday is complete? Looks like there's more to come.

Ride will be a nice nostalgia trip and looking forward to seeing the live shows from De Sluwe Vos and Tiga.

The 'Thursday complete' comment was in the English email. Not sure about that though as we've had no Belgian names really.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think we're not getting a 'headliner' for Saturday. Might just be a combination of Netsky, The Offspring, Tame Impala and TWOD.

The 'Thursday complete' comment was in the English email. Not sure about that though as we've had no Belgian names really.

Just a poor choice of words then. The Dutch email talks about the 'uitverkochte donderdag', which translates as 'the sold out Thursday'. Because indeed, we still need those Wablief names, and probably some more fillers too.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think we're not getting a 'headliner' for Saturday. Might just be a combination of Netsky, The Offspring, Tame Impala and TWOD.

I was fearing that too, but apparently they answered positively at the end of April when someone asked if Saturday still needed a headliner on Twitter.

A theory that came to mind: they bought out the Benelux exclusivity of Kendrick Lamar at Les Ardentes (along with Lowlands), but they have to wait until closer to/after the festival before announcing him.

Kendrick Lamar was on a couple of years ago, I went for a beer and something to eat outside the festival. I would probably do the same again. That said, he seemed to get a good crowd and was spoken of highly before and after so, whilst not my taste (at all), would be a good booking.

But I want a credible, big name guitar band (because I am old and grumpy)

Pleased about Ride - although it will mean I'll have seen them 3 times in as many months.

Less bothered with the rest.

Although Gengahr being announced could relieve one of my clashes at Best Kept Secret...

Listened to some of their stuff today, pretty good.

I checked them and they are a 15 years old kids band "covering Weezer"... Who is responsible of the booking process? There are thousand of european bands much better than this!!!

Don't worry about that, they won't pop up. Often, there are also some local Brazilian rock bands 'self-confirming' theirselves for RW through last.fm/bandsintown. No clue why they do it, probably attention seeking.

Edit: Nvm, they've apparently played SXSW and don't look like amateurs. Legit booking, probably Club/Shelter openers or something like that.

Edited by Dietediet

Mark Ronson added to V Festival, did Pukkelpop really have him or did they just put his name on the list, like they did with Run the Jewels.

'Unforseen media commitments in the USA' was the reason for the no-show. WTF are the organisers playing at??

I've said before, Pukkelpop do have an awful lot of cancellations. Not always their fault, but I'm sure Neil Young, Slayer and Frank Turner all cancelled the same year and I wanted to see all of them. Not bothered about Ronson as such, but annoying they keep losing acts in this manner.

'Unforseen media commitments in the USA' was the reason for the no-show. WTF are the organisers playing at??

Ronson has pulled out of Lowlands too so I'd say it's down to him, rather than the promoters of either festival. Not the first time this has happened though - I remember the Courteneers dropping out of PKP a few years back and then playing V. I wouldn't have watched him anyway but it is frustrating that this happens so much each year. I suspect it's often the case that something better comes up and they decide to do that instead.

A theory that came to mind: they bought out the Benelux exclusivity of Kendrick Lamar at Les Ardentes (along with Lowlands), but they have to wait until closer to/after the festival before announcing him.

Wrong theory: Kendrick Lamar is playing Frequency Festival in Austria on saturday, so he isn't our saturday headliner.

So were staying at Campsite B for the first time....

Does anyone know where the car parking spots for campsite b are located? I guess you have to get your wristbands at the Festival entrance? So parking, then Walking to the Festival entrance to get your wristbands, walking back to your car to collect your stuff and finally walking to campsite b seems to be the only way?

just found this in the FAQs (which is good News)

Camp Site B

• If you're staying on Camp Site B, you can have your camping ticket scanned at the entrance of Camp Site B before exchanging it for a Camp Site B wristband.
  • You can first set up your tent and then pick up your festival wristband.

The KOL announced for a date in Gibraltar early September. Got to be one of the favourites for PP now. Most other potential bands have got their tours sorted out now but the KOL keep dropping the odd festival here and there without much of a game plan by the looks of it.

On another note, the new stuff from Jamie XX is excellent.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

odd one this.

Chokri has favourited a tweet I sent him after the last announcement that said

@pukkelpop @ChokriMahassine Another let down. Just what is happening this year?? Have you not read any of the opinions on the forums?

At least he's a acknowledged something, unlike the official pp account who wouldn't even reply to a question concerning any changes to the stages.

If you're reading this Chokri, book the Manic Street Preachers, Blur, Kasabian and Azealia Banks and you'll have my business, and a great festival for another year :-)

Slight aside from the lineup..

How close is the Carrefour (spelling? It's a big supermarket) to the Station? I've seen it from the bus, but is it easily walkable? Want to bag some supplies on arrival. Cheers!

If you mean Kiewit station, I'm not sure but there is a large Spar at the end of the street Hasselt station is on.