Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

Looking forward to hearing what the changes might be tomorrow, as well as the new names. Aside from the Chateau becoming the Castello, they've had the same set up of stages for quite a few years now. The only other difference I can remember was in 2007 when the Shelter (which was called the Skate Stage at the time) was outdoor. Still wish they had the seats inside the Chateau, rather than outside, as they were a fantastic way to have a rest while watching some bands.

I'm up for a bit of change but it's hard to see how they can play around too much with the musical genres, aside from what they're planning to do by letting people curate stages?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed Run The Jewels cancelled, but to be expected really. Seems symptomatic of Hip Hop announcements for European festivals.

I'm OK with the new names. Love The Gaslight Anthem, Lianne La Have a is good, Chvrches are good live. Paolo is a good addition but I am concerned about the lack of Saturday headline (the mystery around where Evil Superstars will play is a bit odd too)

Edited by TheNewUnion

So dissapointed again... won't buy my ticket the first selling day for the first time in 7 years. Seriously considering other summer destination.

Me too. A good mate of mine has organised his brothers stag at PP do on my recommendation so I feel obliged to go. There's some decent names, dont get me wrong but they're mostly on the Saturday. I hate being so negative about it but when they give out poor announcements like today I can't help it.

Another 60-70 bands to come, a good proportion of which will be Belgian bands (no offence meant) and one potentially great or shit headliner.

Doesn't fill me with hope.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Nothing that's going to set the world on fire in that announcement but a few I'm looking forward to seeing. Wilkinson, Metrik and Dusky are all welcome additions and I'll have a listen to the others when I get a chance. Be interesting to see what they do with Paolo. He's big enough to sub Linkin Park but the obvious transition would be Limp Bizkit into LP. He's probably too big to headline the Marquee but they might just go for that option.

The lack of a Saturday headliner still gives hope to the theory that it will be a big name that can't be announced yet. I'm not convinced Fleetwood Mac are PKP material but their only Belgian date is in an arena at the start of June so unless ticket sales for that are slow it doesn't necessarily rule them out. Beyond that, you've only really got Kanye as we know it won't be Blur. The organisers are either sitting very smug and content in their offices as they've got a big name in the bank, or they're frantically scrambling round trying to find someone!

The lack of a Saturday headliner still gives hope to the theory that it will be a big name that can't be announced yet. I'm not convinced Fleetwood Mac are PKP material but their only Belgian date is in an arena at the start of June so unless ticket sales for that are slow it doesn't necessarily rule them out.

Fleetwood Mac at Isle Of Wight is a festival exclusive worldwide, so they won't be the Saturday headliner for sure.

My feeling is that Fleetwood Mac's exclusivity will last until the end of Isle of Wight festival, then all bets are off. That's why I think they will be playing Glastonbury. I don't think that they are a PKP band per se, but would be a good booking nonetheless. I wouldn't find Kanye an overly problematic booking, will not be watching him at Glastonbury so would be nice to see him at Pukkelpop.

My feeling is that Fleetwood Mac's exclusivity will last until the end of Isle of Wight festival, then all bets are off. That's why I think they will be playing Glastonbury. I don't think that they are a PKP band per se, but would be a good booking nonetheless. I wouldn't find Kanye an overly problematic booking, will not be watching him at Glastonbury so would be nice to see him at Pukkelpop.

It's true it's years that Michael Eavis tries to get Fleetwood Mac for Glasto, but they don't only play at Isle Of Wight this summer. They have 17 gigs announced in UK. That's too much for being also a Glasto headliner.